British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Holiday Insurance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/holiday-insurance-776883/)

The harrisons Nov 7th 2012 9:12 am

Holiday Insurance

I'm flying back to the UK early December with my Family, my son will be 22 and daughter 15. I've been having trouble finding affordable holiday insurance and wondered if anybody could recommend anyone at all? We don't require medical cover just baggage etc...

cappuccino Nov 7th 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Holiday Insurance

Check with your credit card provider as they often have free travel insurance if you use the card to pay for the trip.

hazeandsteve Nov 8th 2012 4:54 am

Why no need for medical cover?
I'm hoping you have private insurance or an illness at the halfway point could be a bit of an inconvenience.

Browner_ Nov 8th 2012 6:51 am

You will require medical cover if you are not a UK resident

The harrisons Nov 8th 2012 11:19 am

We are UK residents thanks, so we shouldn't need medical cover...I hope :unsure:

mickey_d Nov 8th 2012 11:37 am

Originally Posted by The harrisons (Post 10372461)
We are UK residents thanks, so we shouldn't need medical cover...I hope :unsure:

But you are now residents here, not the UK:confused:

Margaret Parkinson Nov 8th 2012 11:44 am

Our grandson came to us in the UK last year for a holiday. He was taken ill and had to go to A & E. There would have been a problem there but if he had been taken ill en-route without Medical cover there would have been.

June

leeloo Nov 14th 2012 10:49 am

Originally Posted by The harrisons (Post 10370364)
I'm flying back to the UK early December with my Family, my son will be 22 and daughter 15. I've been having trouble finding affordable holiday insurance and wondered if anybody could recommend anyone at all? We don't require medical cover just baggage etc...

hm...so you are flying from Australia?
It is a good idea to check your credit card details, then there is world nomads and also I can advise globelink.co.uk
Have a nice trip! :)

Browner_ Nov 16th 2012 7:00 am

Originally Posted by The harrisons (Post 10372461)

Not any more youre not, if you are living in NZ. Foreigners get emergency treatment at least, but thats all

pricklykina Nov 16th 2012 6:54 pm

I looked for myself and my 11 year old for 5 weeks worldwide (excluding U.S.)
Quoted $170 for both of us with southerm cross (if paid online and we are alson southern cross members)

I'm probably going to just pay for the trip on a gold card instead so I get included travel insurance