Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Holiday house letting companies

Holiday house letting companies

Old May 22nd 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of
Default Holiday house letting companies

Can anyone recommend a good holiday house letting company. We are coming over to Christchurch next month for 2 weeks and want to rent a house to sleep 6 to use as a base for 11 nights. Have looked on TradeMe but they seem to be through estate agents longer term lets.

OH have a series of interviews so finger crossed this will result in a job offer to speed the visa along.

Also, anyone know of any good car rental companies, have found a good deal for a people carrier over here, but wondered if I could better it by booking direct.

Thanks
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Holiday house letting companies

Some links

Kiwi Home Rentals

Holiday Houses

Bach and Holiday Homes

Book a Bach

Or perhaps you may find a home sit

Christchurch Home Sit

Town and Country home sit

HTH
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:51 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suzbits
...Also, anyone know of any good car rental companies, have found a good deal for a people carrier over here, but wondered if I could better it by booking direct.

Thanks
If you are going through Holiday Autos in the UK then there isn't going to be much to beat them within their class of company - ie top notch, on airport, etc - they use Thrify in NZ and they are pretty good IMHO. Some local smaller companies offer cheaper deals but not sure that they are going to be better if you are on a reccie and hence don't need the hassle of a breakdown, etc. We've used Thrifty in Chch, Akl, etc Budget/Avis in Gisborne and Palmerston North and used smaller rent-a-dent operators in Akl, horses for courses.... I'd tend to go with Thrifty myself.

As far as Holiday Autos goes they will be close to Thrifty (direct) in price - compare their quote with the thfity.co.nz website. Bear in mind that our old UK friends who were senior in Hertz and got their discount used to book via Holiday Autos for their private trips abroad.......
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info guys, I will get surfing later. Very excited about our trip but at the same time just want to get it all sorted.