Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Holiday homes v Rentals

Holiday homes v Rentals

Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future
Default Holiday homes v Rentals

Hi,

For those of you who have already made the move - do you have any advice about whether it is cheaper/better etc to negotiate a long term stay price with holiday homes or just find a suitable standard rental property. I guess formeone of the big plus points to a holiday home is that it has all the amenities we would need until our stuff comes through - presumably we can store our belongings somewhere if necessary.

Anyone one with any advice, recommendations in the Tauranga area, in particular Papamoa, Mt.Maunganui, and Welcome Bay. I have found a few possible holiday homes from a link on the really useful thread, but especially if we are booking from over here, recommendations would be useful.

Finally, generally how much could we expect to pay for either standard rental per month/week or what sort of rate can you negotiate for with holiday homes. We need 4 bedrooms.

I'm sure there was something else that I intended to ask, but I've forgotten, so please forgive me if I post again in a few minutes if I remember.

Thanks

kathryn
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday homes v Rentals

Originally Posted by kathm
Hi,

For those of you who have already made the move - do you have any advice about whether it is cheaper/better etc to negotiate a long term stay price with holiday homes or just find a suitable standard rental property. I guess formeone of the big plus points to a holiday home is that it has all the amenities we would need until our stuff comes through - presumably we can store our belongings somewhere if necessary.

Anyone one with any advice, recommendations in the Tauranga area, in particular Papamoa, Mt.Maunganui, and Welcome Bay. I have found a few possible holiday homes from a link on the really useful thread, but especially if we are booking from over here, recommendations would be useful.

Finally, generally how much could we expect to pay for either standard rental per month/week or what sort of rate can you negotiate for with holiday homes. We need 4 bedrooms.

I'm sure there was something else that I intended to ask, but I've forgotten, so please forgive me if I post again in a few minutes if I remember.

Thanks

kathryn
Hi Kathryn
we went the holiday home route based on advice from the forum - as you say they are all kitted out and you can get some decent rates. We didn't know the area we are in at all so didn't want to commit to a rental until we got here (chch) got ourselves a 3 bed cottage with all amenities for $430 per week - we looked at other alternatives - motels / holiday parks etc but nothing came close price wise. We got hold of "Baches & Holiday Homes to rent" via the internet - cost about £25 but has loads of rentals in (alternative can view online)

If you need a motel in Tauranga on first arriving can recommend Ambassador Motor Inn on 15th Ave (we had 3 nights there) - hosts lovely, accomm lovely, $150 per night for 2 bed unit (slept 6)