Hobbiton

Old Jan 19th 2013, 1:03 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Hobbiton

Anyone been to Hobbiton movie set? Was well worth the trip and you get a chilled glass of complimentary beer or cider in the Green Dragon

Loved it
Attached Thumbnails Hobbiton-image.jpg  
Old Jan 19th 2013, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hobbiton

Originally Posted by love30stm
Anyone been to Hobbiton movie set? Was well worth the trip and you get a chilled glass of complimentary beer or cider in the Green Dragon

Loved it
Worth seeing but tons of people there now. We went in the calm before the Hobbit storm in late 2011 and there was not a soul... Very impressive. Passed through the other day - heaving.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
Worth seeing but tons of people there now. We went in the calm before the Hobbit storm in late 2011 and there was not a soul... Very impressive. Passed through the other day - heaving.
Was it as good now though? My friend went a few years ago and it was just holes in hills and no permanent hobbiton like now and no Green Dragon pub you could actually go into! That's a recent thing
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Was it as good now though? My friend went a few years ago and it was just holes in hills and no permanent hobbiton like now and no Green Dragon pub you could actually go into! That's a recent thing
Yes that was done by 2011 - they started filming the Hobbit in 2010.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 3:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Friends of mine have been there and loved it all.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I went at the beginning of 2011 so just as the set was having the finishing touches put to it, think filming began there about a month after we visited. You couldn't get into the Green Dragon when I was there as they hadn't actually filmed yet but it was still well worth it.

Loved it but then I am a LOTR's geek..only downside was someone smashing my car bumper to pieces in the car park and doing a runner.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by lisamct
I went at the beginning of 2011 so just as the set was having the finishing touches put to it, think filming began there about a month after we visited. You couldn't get into the Green Dragon when I was there as they hadn't actually filmed yet but it was still well worth it.

Loved it but then I am a LOTR's geek..only downside was someone smashing my car bumper to pieces in the car park and doing a runner.
The green dragon was the highlight at the end of the tour having a glass of chilled apple cider
Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by BEVS
Friends of mine have been there and loved it all.
It's well worth it but I am a LOTR and Hobbit fan
Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
It was very busy
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Are they still making you sign the multi page confidentiality clause now that the movie is actually out?
We felt like we were signing our life away!
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:22 am

Are they still making you sign the multi page confidentiality clause now that the movie is actually out?
We felt like we were signing our life away!
Luckily not anymore as filming has finished
Old Jan 19th 2013, 7:14 am
NZ wannabe

Synky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to all

Hands up I'm a massive LOTR fan. I may even have a tattoo....not why we want to go to NZ (well not the main one anyway )
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Synky
Hands up I'm a massive LOTR fan. I may even have a tattoo....not why we want to go to NZ (well not the main one anyway )
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

I dont have a tattoo (well not a LOTR's one!) but I do have a Gollum...
Attached Thumbnails Hobbiton-img_0563.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2013, 2:12 am

I dont have a tattoo (well not a LOTR's one!) but I do have a Gollum...
Cool, where you get that from???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.