Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hmmm don't know how to phrase this one!

Hmmm don't know how to phrase this one!

Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:44 am
Just Joined

CRBGLH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hmmm don't know how to phrase this one!

Hello again. I have a resident visa, but i am unsure as to how long i have to be in full time teaching employment before i can leave and go into some sort of supply work without it affecting my visa status (don't want to be booted out - back to the UK)! Hope someone can help - Thank you again

Isabelle
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:19 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hmmm don't know how to phrase this one!

Originally Posted by CRBGLH
Hello again. I have a resident visa, but i am unsure as to how long i have to be in full time teaching employment before i can leave and go into some sort of supply work without it affecting my visa status (don't want to be booted out - back to the UK)! Hope someone can help - Thank you again

Isabelle
I think it depends whether your visa had conditions attached.....
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has a 3 month condition attached to his visa, e.g. he has to work as a Baker for the 3 months, then he has to take a letter from his employer plus all the payslips to an immigration office and the condition is then removed from his visa. At that point he could, if he wanted, leave the bakery trade altogether and do something completely different.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:22 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you gained your residency by including a job offer on your application then you will have a condition that states you must work in that job for at least 3months. You can then apply to have that condition removed and do whatever you want.
If you didn't include a job offer and you gained residency straight off then you can do whatever you want right from the start.