Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hiya from dreary glasgow

Hiya from dreary glasgow

Old May 26th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

paulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nice
Default Hiya from dreary glasgow

Hi guys n gals,

Thought i'd introduce myself before i through caution to the wind and pack up, to move (hopefully to New Zealand).

And........after coming back from the local shop and watching a gang of 13-16 year olds trash the outside of the shop for not selling them alcohol, its a move i'm willing to comit to quicky

anyway.

I'm a 30 year old Network Support Technician, and work currently for the Glasgow Academy. I'm married with two young girls, 9 & 7.

I think unofficially we've been thinking about moving to NZ for the last year, and really just more recently made decisions, that will hopefully see us moving there real soon.

There is a couple of things i'd like to know, however i will follow forum rules and search first hand. Glad to be on board

Paul
Old May 26th 2008, 10:18 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hiya from dreary glasgow

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Just ask if you want to know anything, we'll try and help!
Sue
Old May 26th 2008, 10:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to the board.
Have some starting out karma .
Look forward to seeing you on the main boards.
Happy Posting
Old May 26th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

paulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nice

Thanks for the Karma, i think i need it :P

I've been contacting employers today with some positive results, so i got to bed now with some serious thoughts in my head, haha no sleep tonight

thanks
Old May 26th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all
Smile Re: Hiya from dreary glasgow

hi ya and welcome any questions just ask, I am sure someone will come up with something, happy searching
Old May 28th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,welcome to the forum. As others have said ask and someone will try to help you,we're a really friendly bunch

Phyllis
Old May 28th 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the warm reception and no doubt i'll ask away, as i think forums are vital to find out the "real deal". Flashy websites are ok, but finding out from the people who actually have to live day to day in a place is worth a lot more.

I have been applying for jobs with Telecom, Fujitsu and EDS, however i understadn thier stance and i really need to get moving with applications, EOI and stuff like that.

I dread to think what would happen if they asked me to go there for a week to see them, as i have heard its not uncommon. I have been in contact with a few recruitment agencies too and they are really positive about my CV, however recruitment agencies in the UK are great at showing you jobs that arent there. You call about a job and suddenly its been filled, but why dont you come in and talk to us anyway. Is this the same for NZ?

cheers Paul