Hiya

Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road
Default Hiya

Hi all, need your advice, moved from the Uk 2 1/2 years ago to Spain and must admit I love it BUT, but I don't know what the BUT is, for a little while I've been thinking we would have been better moving to NZ, think I would have prefered that but not hubby, he has his mates here and golf and his table tennis. Don't get me wrong i do love it but its that BUT again, can't quite put my finger on it. What I want to know is where would you suggest would be the best place to settle, we are both retired though not old, hubby is a very fit and active 58 who likes to play golf at least 3 times a week and also likes to play table tennis at league standard, me I'm 53 and go with the flo, so long as I've got my home I'm happy. Never been to NZ but hopefully will visit in the near future and don't know a lot about NZ either. All your comments would be appreciated
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: Hiya

Hi and welcome,

I would suggest you look at the other threads already posted in regards living expenses, opportunities, housing the weather etc etc etc.
Also check out the NZ Immigration website as it offers advice on the different types of visa's available.
Is there a particular area in NZ you are considering or are you waiting until after your visit before deciding on where to settle?
Also I would weigh up the reason(s) why you want to emigrate to NZ......
You will find lots of really helpful people on BE.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum from another 50 something .

Have a good browse around the place and start new threads and posts with your thoughts and questions . Lots of friendly and helpful folks on here.

If you are thinking of NZ as a place to live then perhaps do visit first .

Also, have a look around the official NZIS website. (click the bold type) This will tell you about the visas & permits that allow you to live and work here in New Zealand. Once you have looked there, come back to us with anything you are not sure of and we will try and help from our own experiences.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:12 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum from another 50 something .

Have a good browse around the place and start new threads and posts with your thoughts and questions . Lots of friendly and helpful folks on here.

If you are thinking of NZ as a place to live then perhaps do visit first .

Also, have a look around the official NZIS website. (click the bold type) This will tell you about the visas & permits that allow you to live and work here in New Zealand. Once you have looked there, come back to us with anything you are not sure of and we will try and help from our own experiences.
welcome to be not in nz yet, although hope to be soon. Just wanted to say welcome and good luck with whatever you choose.

Tina. x
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi welcome to BE from a 50+ we are still in the process of waiting for visas. Good Luck x
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Hiya

Hi and welcome

I and my husband are in our early 60's and waiting for our visa. I would certainly recommend a holiday to both North and South Island to 'case the joint'. We are hoping to settle in the Tauranga area of the Bay of Plenty, North Island. We are going in on a Parent Visa as our two children are residents in New Zealand. As others have said, you need to look at what type of visa you could apply for. Good luck.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone, will do as you suggest
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:38 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome from another pair in their 50's!!
Some good advice already posted so won't repeat!!
enjoy researching !
B x
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:26 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum We're not in NZ but doing our best to get there like others have suggested research and then research some more - everyone is very helpful here and there are loads of informative threads around. Wishing you all the best in whichever choices you make