Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

HiFx recent money transfer anyone?

HiFx recent money transfer anyone?

Old Aug 10th 2015, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HiFx recent money transfer anyone?

Wow

I've never been charged by ASB for international payments received. The only time I do get charged by them is if I make an international transfer through them which is $20.00 - no charge done by Deutsche Bank or HSBC (depending whether i'm transferring to Euros or Pound Sterling)
Old Aug 13th 2015, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Chocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really nice

I think it probably depends on the receiving bank in NZ. I would check with them first before making the transfer.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

redtop12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Used Hifx lots earlier in the year. They don't charge but send directly to there landing bank who charge a fee to transfer it to your bank,Westpac in my case. You may not be charged if goes to the bank they use. Can't recall their bank, i did query the charge with mine as i wasn't expecting it but it was in the T &Cs
Old Aug 14th 2015, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute462 has a reputation beyond repute

HiFX told me that they used to have an arrangement with Westpac, but as HiFX have now been acquired by Euronet Worldwide, that arrangement has been discontinued.

I have asked three FX companies and a rep from ANZ about the NZ banks 'landing fees' - all said that they were unaware of anyway to avoid them. There was confirmation that there is a third party in the chain - an intermediary and that is why NZ landing costs are higher.

I have been shopping around and discovered that some recommended FX companies will negotiate with you so that you always get the same fixed percentage off the mid-point - very useful! They refer to it as the 'spread' - "we are happy to trade for you with a spread of x percentage".

Last edited by 462; Aug 14th 2015 at 10:04 pm. Reason: Added Spread term