Hi to you all

Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:05 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Hi to you all

Just signed up, so please be patient am bit of a technophobe !

Had hoped to be moving by now but............ anyhow have put my application in woohoo going on spouse visa so hopefully should be straight forward (is anything?)

Worried about housing market, not on yet but hope to be over summer see what sort of offers we get if any
if any decent ones would love to be over there by next Spring (here, Autumn there this is confusing ok next Easter!)

Anyway hi to you all
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:26 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi to you all

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Just signed up, so please be patient am bit of a technophobe !

Had hoped to be moving by now but............ anyhow have put my application in woohoo going on spouse visa so hopefully should be straight forward (is anything?)

Worried about housing market, not on yet but hope to be over summer see what sort of offers we get if any
if any decent ones would love to be over there by next Spring (here, Autumn there this is confusing ok next Easter!)

Anyway hi to you all
Welcome!! I'm also going to be applying for same visa when house sale & purchase completed here, hoping to be living in NZ by Feb 10 (earlier would be our choice!!) not put application in yet so will be interested to see how long yours takes!

Dont worry about technophobia.... if I can use BE forum then anyone can, just be aware though it is addictive!!
Best wishes for everything
B x
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:08 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Hi to you all

Ha ha see what you mean couldnt wait to get home to see if anyone had replied

I put my application in start of July, had letter (08th) to say has been allocated to officer & would be prioritised as married to N Zealander. Expected time frame for final decision is ten to twelve weeks, but when we were at NZ house we was told would only take a few weeks.

What was interesting was the fact once granted a visa you have up to 6 months to pay migrant levy & have visa put in passport, then 1 year from then to take up residency.
Good news as this would give us more time to sell house!

Sorry to be a bit dim but when threads talk of "main forum" where is that!

Thanks x
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & Welcome
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:59 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Ha ha see what you mean couldnt wait to get home to see if anyone had replied

I put my application in start of July, had letter (08th) to say has been allocated to officer & would be prioritised as married to N Zealander. Expected time frame for final decision is ten to twelve weeks, but when we were at NZ house we was told would only take a few weeks.

What was interesting was the fact once granted a visa you have up to 6 months to pay migrant levy & have visa put in passport, then 1 year from then to take up residency.
Good news as this would give us more time to sell house!

Sorry to be a bit dim but when threads talk of "main forum" where is that!

Thanks x
Hi ....not dim just not familiar with everything yet, 'main forum' means threads on general stuff not just 'immigration, introductions, meet ups or sheep dip' or NZ (I think!)

eg. if a post is in 'introductions' and moderators think it will be seen by more people, get more feedback/advice etc in main forum they will work their magic and move it for you.

....I'm sure someone will be along to help me out on this one!! & clarify things further for you but in the mean time HTH B x

Last edited by MnB; Jul 18th 2009 at 6:09 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:55 pm
Scorchy legs

Thank you might actually get the hang of this!

Really enjoying browsing the site! some really useful subjects covered
& great comments

Dewbx
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum.

Threads in the Intro forum normally close after a week. After all, how long can one stabnd on the step at a front door saying Hi.

The Immy forum is for anything Immigration. Ask away and someone will try to help point you in the right direction. Or answer away if you can help.

The Sheep Dip is fun. Drop into the Kiwi Bar if you fancy a pint

Meet-Ups is for info on ......Meet-Ups.

These are all sub-forums of the main NZ forum.

The Main Forum is below the sub-forums on the NZ page & is for all sorts of general type stuff .

Happy Posting
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:12 pm
Scorchy legs

Thank you! I could have been on that doorstep for a while

Thrilled I have found site, so friendly, thanks everyone

Dewbxx
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:55 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! I'm new here too but getting addicted. Brilliant site with loads and loads of info! See you on the forum
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:02 pm
Scorchy legs

Hi Kija only just found the main forum (thanks for help everyone) not posted yet didnt want to go into techno overload so soon

Great site isnt it! let the addiction begin

Dewb x
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hello & hope you find info helpul - we did & still do
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:31 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dewb09 and welcome from me too!

I'm married to a Kiwi, but as I had the medicals and x-rays etc done in the UK it still took approximately 4 months to get the blue PR sticker. Hubby wouldn't let us book flights until that was done - been here just over 2 years now and love it!