Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

hi from Tauranga/Mt Maunganui

hi from Tauranga/Mt Maunganui

Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

terry123b99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi from Tauranga/Mt Maunganui

hi everyone, thought I would say hi - been looking through the forum for some time and only just decided to introduce myself. Am 25/m from Liverpool UK, my fiance is 22/f from Auckland and we have a 7month old son. We were living in liverpool for 4 years prior to moving to mt maunganui - for me I had to go through the immigration process, which was quick and i got my pr quickly. son had to get citizenship by descent....etc.

been in new zealand now for only 4 weeks, and loving it. missing watching everton though. tried boogie boarding the other day which was fun

anyone else similar ages in mt maunganui.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: hi from Tauranga/Mt Maunganui

I'm not in your necks of the woods & am old enough to be your Mum but have some newbie to New Zealand karma anyway.

Happy Postings. Lovely to read you are enjoying your new life here.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terry123b99
hi everyone, thought I would say hi - been looking through the forum for some time and only just decided to introduce myself. Am 25/m from Liverpool UK, my fiance is 22/f from Auckland and we have a 7month old son. We were living in liverpool for 4 years prior to moving to mt maunganui - for me I had to go through the immigration process, which was quick and i got my pr quickly. son had to get citizenship by descent....etc.

been in new zealand now for only 4 weeks, and loving it. missing watching everton though. tried boogie boarding the other day which was fun

Welcome to the board. Don't forget to call in and say hello to your friendly english butchers (Doug & Gail) in Parton Road Papamoa.

June
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

God, you are quick Margaret.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:25 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by terry123b99

Feel pretty ancient next to you two, but welcome to Paradise (The Mount not BE!!)

We've been here nearly 18 months with our 4 kids and love it. Particularly days like today with the sun beating down! Have you joined any parent/baby groups locally, probably meet some young parents that way? Try Mount Maunganui library on Maunganui Road or the toy library on MacDonald Street!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcoltom
God, you are quick Margaret.
Hi

I never miss a chance

Only just seen your post I have been to London for a girlie weekend (hardly girls though we are all pensioners)

If anyone is interested we went to see The Jersey Boys Friday evening (very good) and The London Showboat on the Thames on Saturday (that was good as well)

June
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Welcome to the board. Don't forget to call in and say hello to your friendly english butchers (Doug & Gail) in Parton Road Papamoa.

June
Excuse hijack, June, do you know if your sons shop will be open Labour Day weekend of 25th-27th October? Don't want to drive over for sausages and him be shut.....ok going now.....
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Excuse hijack, June, do you know if your sons shop will be open Labour Day weekend of 25th-27th October? Don't want to drive over for sausages and him be shut.....ok going now.....
I will find out for you watch this space. I hope you are not still in Devon it will be a long drive.

June

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Sep 22nd 2008 at 10:32 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I will find out for you watch this space. I hope you are not still in Devon it will be a long drive.

June
No June will be in Cambridge but planning my tea!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by j19fmm
No June will be in Cambridge but planning my tea!
They are open Saturday of Labour weekend. Take a cool bag and fill it with goodies.

Take a look at his website.

www.mysausages.com

June
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

They are open Saturday of Labour weekend. Take a cool bag and fill it with goodies.

Take a look at his website.

www.mysausages.com

June
Yippee, thanks June
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi?

I will tell them to expect you when I know your name. Mention me I think I am on commission

June
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:12 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Hi?

I will tell them to expect you when I know your name. Mention me I think I am on commission

June
Hi June

You may think your on commission but I know you are. It pays for your holidays and board when here. You should be over soon.

Pauline
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:15 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Hi Terry

Babysitter permitting you could always join us at the Rain Bar for the Quiz each Tuesday evening. We meet around 6.45 - 7.00 (well if I'm truthful, I miss most weeks but my OH never misses a week. They are a really nice group, very friendly.

Pauline