Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hi -one week gone..in the wellington/wokingham household..

Hi -one week gone..in the wellington/wokingham household..

Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

klicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant future
Default Hi -one week gone..in the wellington/wokingham household..

Just to let you know,Oh managed to find a house to rent and we decided on Seatoun ! Its in the zone for Wellington High and it has a brilliant school by the beach fo my other 2 kids! Am relieved that its sorted, as our container arrives soon(poor OH has to unpack loads...)It was soo difficult, as i had to help with the decisions via the Pc and looking up lots of info and lots of phonecalls to OH , but hopefully he will be happy there ,till i join him! Heard the weather in Wellington is much better now, so hope everybody has a good weekend ! Am having a glass of wine tonight, to celebrate 1 week gone without hubs....(and soo many weeks to go..and that he found a lovley house (ihope...) cheers
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi -one week gone..in the wellington/wokingham household..

Hi Klicker!

That must be tough for you but it sounds like your getting there! Congrats on finding a rental. We are going to Welly in October. Like the sound of Kapiti but we'll see when we get there. When are you heading over then?

Lou
xx
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

klicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
Hi Klicker!

That must be tough for you but it sounds like your getting there! Congrats on finding a rental. We are going to Welly in October. Like the sound of Kapiti but we'll see when we get there. When are you heading over then?

Lou
xx
Hi Pumpkinlou !
I am coming over next June !!!! (long story, am staying,cos decided it was best for daughter to finish her A levels in England)
Lucky you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could come in October.... bet you have lots to do . Going on this site helps to find out that you are not alone ! As family and friends could NEVER imagine what it involes moving to NZ. Good luck with everything and just think you have TWO summers (even though the engl one was or still is RUBBISH ) all the best from susanne x
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hi Susanne,

Well by the time you have sorted everything out, June will be here in no time. I can't believe it's September tomorrow! And you'll have a happy daughter too!

Yes, I am mad busy. Having to rent our house, so busy re-decorating now. The "to do" list is endless, hence me being awake at 3am now worrying about it!!

Your're right about family and friends. My MIL still won't accept we are even going in 7 weeks!! We can't discuss it which is a tad strange, but hey ho!

Well, better try and get some sleep

Lou
xxx
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

hi susanne just to let you know that we met up with your lovely hubby today and he's fine, missing you guys obviously but he got along really well with everyone and has made arrangements to meet up with one of the guys in the week (another footie fan!) and the madman has even offered to give up his saturday to help us move (i think the offer of beer afterwards may have helped!) so making lots of friends.
hope you are well and bet you can't wait til' xmas to see him again and we're all looking forward to meeting up with you in june take care love stasia x
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stasia
hi susanne just to let you know that we met up with your lovely hubby today and he's fine, missing you guys obviously but he got along really well with everyone and has made arrangements to meet up with one of the guys in the week (another footie fan!) and the madman has even offered to give up his saturday to help us move (i think the offer of beer afterwards may have helped!) so making lots of friends.
hope you are well and bet you can't wait til' xmas to see him again and we're all looking forward to meeting up with you in june take care love stasia x
Hi Stasia! Thank you so much for organizing the get-together on sunday! Just talked to hubs and he really had a good time! Hope he didnt talk tooo much.....haha, once he gets going, you cant shut him up!!!Take him up on the offer of helping, hes really good,as we shifted lots of furniture and stuff in a ford galaxy from our sold house into my rental house. Good Luck with the move ! all the best,from susanne x