Reload this Page >

Hi One and All!!!!!

Hi One and All!!!!!

Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Happyhammer80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi One and All!!!!!

Very first post....!!
My wife and I are thinking of coming to nz, BUT short of just 5 points for our EOI, my job as a chef is currently in the absolute field but my wife's isn't, Damn.... Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated on finding 5-10 more points... My wife is a highly skilled and experienced clarinet player with international experience, but she can only get a meagre 20 points on my application.
Many thanks in advance
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi One and All!!!!!

HappyHammer,

Looking at your name you're one of those boys from the Boleyn Ground?

Just wanted to say hi, some others on here can give you some cracking tips on stuff like this.

Stick around, I could do with some football banter on here.

TL (Spurs fan )
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Hahaha of all the supporters I get first it's a spurs fan, cheers for for the reply and yeah I'll stick around, I'm sure there'll be plenty of banter, would you like me to start first with the 3-0 drubbing your boys received.....
Regards
Martin
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:16 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE!

When you say short of 5 points do you mean you have 95 or 135?. Unless you've missed something obvious then the only way to increase your pts total would be a job offer. This could be for either of you.
Have you tried using your wife as the principal candidate? What is the points score then?

At the moment generally only those with >140 or those with 100-135pts and a job offer are being selected from the draw.
You do get the occasional draw where those with 15 pts for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage are selected. Have a look at the History of Selection Points to see what the trend has been this year.
P
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happyhammer80
Hahaha of all the supporters I get first it's a spurs fan, cheers for for the reply and yeah I'll stick around, I'm sure there'll be plenty of banter, would you like me to start first with the 3-0 drubbing your boys received.....
Regards
Martin
In your cup final.

Before I left the UK (May this year) your lot hadn't beaten us in while, law of averages.

On another note - May I aks, why NZ?
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Another Hammer

The more the merrier in my opinion

They provide excellent opinions and views on league 2 bound Sheffield United.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Another Hammer

The more the merrier in my opinion

They provide excellent opinions and views on league 2 bound Sheffield United.
Yeah, it's quite a fall from grace since Joorabchiangate.

Wont you miss the rivalry on the pitch though? Could be a while before you get that back.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TommyLuck

Wont you miss the rivalry on the pitch though? Could be a while before you get that back.
If it means we're above them in the leagues, the longer the better

A few years ago I'd have said yes, but how times change. BarnsleyMatt and the Donny Rovers fan on here will tell you as well just how sad the blades have become. I want them a long with Leeds United (in an ideal world) to be fighting relegation to the Conference North

Had England won the world cup vote for 2018, they would have sued the FA because the selection committee chose Hillsborough over Bramall Lane. No joke, i'll try and find the article in the Sheffeld star about it.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Had England won the world cup vote for 2018, they would have sued the FA because the selection committee chose Hillsborough over Bramall Lane. No joke, i'll try and find the article in the Sheffeld star about it.
Seriously?

Sheff Utd are the ambulance chasers of the Football League!!
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hello and welcome to BE!

When you say short of 5 points do you mean you have 95 or 135?. Unless you've missed something obvious then the only way to increase your pts total would be a job offer. This could be for either of you.
Have you tried using your wife as the principal candidate? What is the points score then?

At the moment generally only those with >140 or those with 100-135pts and a job offer are being selected from the draw.
You do get the occasional draw where those with 15 pts for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage are selected. Have a look at the History of Selection Points to see what the trend has been this year.
P
Many thanks for the info, will keep and eye on things
Old Nov 8th 2013, 6:59 am
Just Joined

In your cup final.

Before I left the UK (May this year) your lot hadn't beaten us in while, law of averages.

On another note - May I aks, why NZ?
I believe it was 15 years, now we've drawn you in the darling cup...
The last time we beat you twice at your place was 1966 lol...
Why NZ, have to cut a long story short.. Step daughter moved to aus last year and although I'm under the age thresh hold my wife is just over... But heard so many good things about NZ.... And we're at that stage in life through a number of upsetting incidents we've decided a new challenge is needed.... AT THATS THE SHORT ANSWER....
Old Nov 8th 2013, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Seriously?

Sheff Utd are the ambulance chasers of the Football League!!
Hahahaha I'm not even going to write their name....
Old Nov 8th 2013, 7:03 am
Just Joined

All the while they fall it makes the rest of us hammers point and continually laugh.... Couldn't have happened to a better team. All we need is Warnock to fall from grace too
Old Nov 8th 2013, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

you better get your skates on, there was a piece on the tv a couple of days ago about chefs and other hospitality workers
coming off the skill shortage list

think you get some points for NOT going to Auckland, would that give you enough??
Old Nov 8th 2013, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

TheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Another Fellow Hammer here. STH in the Alpari Lower. Waiting for my visas to come through! Will miss the hammers for sure!

The only advice I can give from my recent experience is

1) Try to find work somewhere that isn't Auckland
2) Do your research and apply / Go direct to companies. Recruitment consultants are a waste of space (IMHO and I used to be one!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.