Hi from a newbie!

Old Aug 24th 2009, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

wonderingaloud is on a distinguished road
Default Hi from a newbie!

Hi all, how chuffed I am to have found this site!
I am a midwife looking to emigrate to NZ with my husband. I have applied to Wellington Hospital directly only afew days ago and they have offered me a phone interview next week. I wasnt expecting that!
I was realy hoping that there would be some midwife bods around working in NZ to give me some pointers on the interview and what I am likely to be asked?! I know midwifery there is much more holistic and geared up for natural birth moreso than Oz (which I have also looked into).

I may have posted this in the wrong part?
Anyhow- many thanks,
Sam x
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from a newbie!

Welcome If you don't hear anything here put a post on the main Forum, more people read that x
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:39 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wonderingaloud View Post
I am a midwife looking to emigrate to NZ with my husband. I have applied to Wellington Hospital directly only afew days ago and they have offered me a phone interview next week. I wasnt expecting that!
I was realy hoping that there would be some midwife bods around working in NZ to give me some pointers on the interview and what I am likely to be asked?! I know midwifery there is much more holistic and geared up for natural birth moreso than Oz (which I have also looked into).

Anyhow- many thanks,
Sam x
Welcome!!
There have been some previous threads/posts which would probably help with your interview (have you tried doing a 'search'?) plus there are a couple of midwives who are regulars here ... hopefully they will be along to help but as J19fmm advises you may get a better response if you post on main forum.

Good luck with your interview hope it goes well!!
B x
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:57 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome Sam, cant really help but just wanted to say hello.

Yes is a great find this site isnt it, and very friendly as well

I seem to vaguely remember a "wanted down under" epsiode about a midwife wanting to go the more holistic way in NZ maybe you could check that out? sorry really vague info

Welcome anyway
Dewb
Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wonderingaloud View Post

Anyhow- many thanks,
Sam x
Welcome Welcome!!! - i have a midwife friend in NZ - i shall ask her!

Berni
x
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:35 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 127luton View Post
Welcome Welcome!!! - i have a midwife friend in NZ - i shall ask her!

Berni
x
Hi Sam
Welcome to BE, brill and good informative site, everyone is very friendly. Good luck with interview and keep us posted?
Tina. x
Old Aug 25th 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

wonderingaloud is on a distinguished road

Hi all! Thanks for the great welcome, I have only been on the site a couple of times and cant believe how informative it has been!
Cant wait to get posting properly I have sooo many questions lol.
Cheers again,
Sam
x