British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hi from a newbie! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hi-newbie-627242/)

wonderingaloud Aug 24th 2009 11:42 am

Hi from a newbie!

Hi all, how chuffed I am to have found this site!
I am a midwife looking to emigrate to NZ with my husband. I have applied to Wellington Hospital directly only afew days ago and they have offered me a phone interview next week. I wasnt expecting that!
I was realy hoping that there would be some midwife bods around working in NZ to give me some pointers on the interview and what I am likely to be asked?! I know midwifery there is much more holistic and geared up for natural birth moreso than Oz (which I have also looked into).

I may have posted this in the wrong part?
Anyhow- many thanks,
Sam x

j19fmm Aug 24th 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Hi from a newbie!

Welcome :D If you don't hear anything here put a post on the main Forum, more people read that x

MnB Aug 24th 2009 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by wonderingaloud (Post 7870684)
I am a midwife looking to emigrate to NZ with my husband. I have applied to Wellington Hospital directly only afew days ago and they have offered me a phone interview next week. I wasnt expecting that!
I was realy hoping that there would be some midwife bods around working in NZ to give me some pointers on the interview and what I am likely to be asked?! I know midwifery there is much more holistic and geared up for natural birth moreso than Oz (which I have also looked into).

Anyhow- many thanks,
Sam x

Welcome!!
There have been some previous threads/posts which would probably help with your interview (have you tried doing a 'search'?) plus there are a couple of midwives who are regulars here ... hopefully they will be along to help but as J19fmm advises you may get a better response if you post on main forum.

Good luck with your interview:fingerscrossed: hope it goes well!!
B x

Dewb09 Aug 24th 2009 4:57 pm

Hi & welcome Sam, cant really help but just wanted to say hello.

Yes is a great find this site isnt it, and very friendly as well :thumbsup:

I seem to vaguely remember a "wanted down under" epsiode about a midwife wanting to go the more holistic way in NZ maybe you could check that out? sorry really vague info :o

Welcome anyway
Dewb

127luton Aug 24th 2009 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by wonderingaloud (Post 7870684)

Anyhow- many thanks,
Sam x

Welcome Welcome!!! - i have a midwife friend in NZ - i shall ask her!

Berni
x

willand tina_h Aug 24th 2009 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 7871528)
Welcome Welcome!!! - i have a midwife friend in NZ - i shall ask her!

Berni
x

Hi Sam
Welcome to BE, brill and good informative site, everyone is very friendly. Good luck with interview and keep us posted?
Tina. x

wonderingaloud Aug 25th 2009 3:12 pm

Hi all! Thanks for the great welcome, I have only been on the site a couple of times and cant believe how informative it has been!
Cant wait to get posting properly I have sooo many questions lol.
Cheers again,
Sam
x