Hi - New to this

Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:52 am
Just Joined

irishmalt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi - New to this

I am new to this and was wondering if anyone can help? My family & I (wife & 2 daughters 10 & 13) want to move from the UK. I have no real qualifications to speak of, however I have been in the Freight Transport & Shipping Industry for 19 years both in the UK and overseas. I have been to a number of Immigration agents and been advised that I must pay for a report that they will produce to tell me what to do. I have done this once and found that the report is a general information one which doesn't help in anyway. I decided on my own to do the EOI and the report back gives me 75 points and suggests that I get a job offer to progress this further. I have looked and applied to various web sites advertising employment and all have come back saying you need a work visa first. Help! I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Anyone got ideas of what to do?
Thanks
Ian
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:56 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi - New to this

Originally Posted by irishmalt View Post
I am new to this and was wondering if anyone can help? My family & I (wife & 2 daughters 10 & 13) want to move from the UK. I have no real qualifications to speak of, however I have been in the Freight Transport & Shipping Industry for 19 years both in the UK and overseas. I have been to a number of Immigration agents and been advised that I must pay for a report that they will produce to tell me what to do. I have done this once and found that the report is a general information one which doesn't help in anyway. I decided on my own to do the EOI and the report back gives me 75 points and suggests that I get a job offer to progress this further. I have looked and applied to various web sites advertising employment and all have come back saying you need a work visa first. Help! I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Anyone got ideas of what to do?
Thanks
Ian
Hiya Ian

Welcome to BE. Glad you found us

My OH was in the same position. A load of experience but no bits of paper! So he spoke to a recruitment agency in Auckland who lined up a sh*tload of interviews (15). He went out on his own for 2 weeks in November, came home with lots of positive feedback & a week later, he had 4 job offers to choose from!!

Now all we're waiting for is some blue stickers

have a look on www.seek.co.nz if they don't have the position on there, it's still a good place to get contact details for the agencies. A good agency won't charge you anything, the employer usually pays them for finding you.

HTH
Sarah & Kev
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

irishmalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Sarah & Kev, Was there any particular agencies you would recommend. Once you got the job offers what was the next step in the process? Thanks again
Ian
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:38 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishmalt View Post
Thanks Sarah & Kev, Was there any particular agencies you would recommend. Once you got the job offers what was the next step in the process? Thanks again
Ian

This should help http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/theprocess/

Have a look at the immigration threads. If you can read as much as possible on here, then you will soon discover that there is more than one way to "skin a cat" !!!

Sarah