Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hi from Milford, North Shore - anyone like to meet up?

Hi from Milford, North Shore - anyone like to meet up?

Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

funtimes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from Milford, North Shore - anyone like to meet up?

Been living in Milford for over a year.
I am not working and so need to meet people and get myself busy during the day. If anyone fancies a coffee or beer then contact me.

Cheers
Richard
Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hi from Milford, North Shore - Anyone care to meet up?

Hi
I'll move this into meet-ups for you. You may get some contact for folks in your area.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hi from Milford, North Shore - anyone like to meet up?

Originally Posted by funtimes
Been living in Milford for over a year.
I am not working and so need to meet people and get myself busy during the day. If anyone fancies a coffee or beer then contact me.

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard,
We have just moved from UK to Albany, hope you dont mind me asking do you have any children. We have a 16 year old boy.

Karen
Old Mar 4th 2009, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Trenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to all

We'd be keen on a North shore meet-up. Either for coffee (with the nipper) or for a beer of an evening (minus nipper, and wife, till we find a babysitter)

We've only recently arrived in NZ (December) so any contacts that can help give us the gen on our new home would be very helpful.

We're in Mairangi Bay so anywhere on the North Shore would work for us.

Cheers
Trench
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Broaders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trenchfoot
We'd be keen on a North shore meet-up. Either for coffee (with the nipper) or for a beer of an evening (minus nipper, and wife, till we find a babysitter)

We've only recently arrived in NZ (December) so any contacts that can help give us the gen on our new home would be very helpful.

We're in Mairangi Bay so anywhere on the North Shore would work for us.

Cheers
Trench
Hi Trench.

Just down the road from you in Murrays Bay - how are you finding it and have you settled in yet?

Have 2 boys - 1 goes to Murrays Bay does yours go to school yet?

Be good to hear from you.

Steve.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Trenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to allTrenchfoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Broaders
Hi Trench.

Just down the road from you in Murrays Bay - how are you finding it and have you settled in yet?

Have 2 boys - 1 goes to Murrays Bay does yours go to school yet?

Be good to hear from you.

Steve.
G'day Steve

Yeah, were finally begining to feel like we're a bit more settled. It is starting to feel like home, rather than just another stop on a long journey.

We have just the one boy at the moment (no. 2 is due in May), he's 3 so only at kindy thus far.

How long have you been here? Are you an 'old hand' or another newbie like us?

Cheers
Gavin
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:01 am
Account Closed

Broaders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trenchfoot
G'day Steve

Yeah, were finally begining to feel like we're a bit more settled. It is starting to feel like home, rather than just another stop on a long journey.

We have just the one boy at the moment (no. 2 is due in May), he's 3 so only at kindy thus far.

How long have you been here? Are you an 'old hand' or another newbie like us?

Cheers
Gavin
Hi Gavin.

Have only been here 4 weeks - landed in NZ on 17 February.

We have 2 boys - 1 x 8 year old ad 1 x 3 year old.

Not got to the feel like home bit and dont suppose will do for a few more months yet!

When did you arrive?

Steve.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Broaders
Hi Gavin.

Have only been here 4 weeks - landed in NZ on 17 February.

We have 2 boys - 1 x 8 year old ad 1 x 3 year old.

Not got to the feel like home bit and dont suppose will do for a few more months yet!

When did you arrive?

Steve.

Morning Steve

We landed 18th December, so right before Christmas. The first month or six weeks we were based out of my sister's place south of Auckland. This period felt very much like a good long holiday and nothing like migration. We then started looking for, and found, our own place on the North Shore.

We've been here (Mairangi) for 6 weeks. It has felt odd at times - as you are discovering it is quite different to the UK in some respects.

But we are starting to settle and we are making efforts to do those things that we promised ourselves we would do way back (when every one of those ideas was followed by 'if the Kiwi's will have us' and we waited nervously every day for a letter with an NZ post mark). For example I had a first crack at fishing yesterday - you should see the one that got away!

The thing we have found to be most helpful in making the place feel like home is building a social network. We've only got a couple of mates so far but we're starting to feel a bit less isolated.

Cheers
Gavin
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

HI all,

Looks like we have a few of us in the area (Karen, Gavin, Steve, Trench et al). Maybe we should pick a day at random and meet.

Suggestion to meet at my place <snip> Bring your kids (I have 3 ages 17,15,13 bgg). I will have tea/beer/wine and a few snacks.

Please text me confirmation <snip> or through here.

Cheers
Richard

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 15th 2009 at 11:21 pm. Reason: Not wise to put up such personal details on an open forum. Please use the PM/email facility. Ta
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

HI all,

Looks like we have a few of us in the area (Karen, Gavin, Steve, Trench et al). Maybe we should pick a day at random and meet.

Suggestion to meet at my place <snip> Bring your kids (I have 3 ages 17,15,13 bgg). I will have tea/beer/wine and a few snacks.

Cheers
Richard
Hi Richard,
Sent you a pm
Karen
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

HI all,

Cheers
Richard
Hi Richard

Sounds good, but I cannot see a date and time. Am I being dense?

Cheers
Gavin
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:33 am
Just Joined

well there was a date and time but the moderator removed it along with my contact details !

Maybe you can contact me on <snip> and we can organise that way.

I was planning on this saturday at 3pm

Richard

Mod note:-
It isn't wise to put up personal details on an open forum like this . There is all sorts of spam, spam bots and weirdos out there in cyber space.
There is a PM and a BE email facility for those that would like to contact each other.
Hope that helps.
Thanks ;-)

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 17th 2009 at 4:37 am. Reason: snip personal email out
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

well there was a date and time but the moderator removed it along with my contact details !

Maybe you can contact me on <snip> and we can organise that way.

I was planning on this saturday at 3pm

Richard
Those mods are quick with the shears!!

Saturday is out for us I'm afraid. How about Sunday? We could all catch up for a coffee or something somewhere central.

I'm open to ideas. I'll pm you my cell phone number

Cheers
Gavin
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:06 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all - if you're not adverse to someone with no ankle biters then I'd love to come along - I'm in the less posh part of the Shore - Glenfield
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Batty
Hi all - if you're not adverse to someone with no ankle biters then I'd love to come along - I'm in the less posh part of the Shore - Glenfield
Hi Batty

The more the merrier I say, so you'd be very welcome.

I've just received a text from Richard (funtimes) which I'll follow up on in a mo then hopefully we should be able to announce a date, time and venue for the British Expats grand North Shore meet-up.

If anyone else is lurking out there, reading this thread, sing-out. You have nothing to lose, except the feeling that you are the only expat for miles and that you should get out more often!!

Cheers
Gavin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.