Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hi, just getting around to saying 'Hello'...

Hi, just getting around to saying 'Hello'...

Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Gill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant future
Default Hi, just getting around to saying 'Hello'...

Hello.

Gill and I found this site a few weeks ago and have enjoyed 'cruising' the threads: some are very informative, some funny and a couple a little confusing, but all make pretty good reading.
We fell in love with the North Island back in February,particularly Rotorua and the rest of the Bay of Plenty, during a three week tour.
Three weeks doesn't seem a very long stay to make such a decision but we both believe that New Zealand is the place for us.

We are both a little elderly (over 40!) but still have a few years work left in us and hope our experience, qualifications, etc. will get us enough points on the EOI to give us a chance.

Gill works as a Carer in an Elderly Peoples home (I hope that job description is politically correct) and I'm an Electrical Engineer, with a few years experience and qualifications.

We aren't married (even to each other) and won't be bringing any kids with us.

We hope to use this Forum Site to give us some help in getting over there and getting settled.

Well, as I said: hello!
Gill & Ian
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi, just getting around to saying 'Hello'...

Just a quick hello to say welcome. Never be afraid to ask,no matter how daft you think your question is.We're all here to help,most have been in your shoes so know what it's like.

Phyllis
Old Jul 11th 2008, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Gill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant futureGill and Ian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by weejie
Just a quick hello to say welcome. Never be afraid to ask,no matter how daft you think your question is.We're all here to help,most have been in your shoes so know what it's like.

Phyllis
Thanks, for the hello, Phyllis: much appreciated,
Gill & Ian
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:19 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gill and Ian
Hello.

Gill and I found this site a few weeks ago and have enjoyed 'cruising' the threads: some are very informative, some funny and a couple a little confusing, but all make pretty good reading.
We fell in love with the North Island back in February,particularly Rotorua and the rest of the Bay of Plenty, during a three week tour.
Three weeks doesn't seem a very long stay to make such a decision but we both believe that New Zealand is the place for us.

We are both a little elderly (over 40!) but still have a few years work left in us and hope our experience, qualifications, etc. will get us enough points on the EOI to give us a chance.

Gill works as a Carer in an Elderly Peoples home (I hope that job description is politically correct) and I'm an Electrical Engineer, with a few years experience and qualifications.

We aren't married (even to each other) and won't be bringing any kids with us.

We hope to use this Forum Site to give us some help in getting over there and getting settled.

Well, as I said: hello!
Gill & Ian

Welcome Gill & Ian

Ask any and all questions you can thing of, but it you've been reading away some of your questions may have been answered.

Anyway welcome
Pauline
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:20 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hare Mai to you both
You should be afraid, very afraid that you have found this place, as it becomes very addictive, very quickly.

Best of luck with your plans