Reload this Page >

Hi and happy New Year!

Hi and happy New Year!

Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

michellesimotich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi and happy New Year!

Hi everyone!

Not posted anythng on here before. Been in NZ for just over a year now after moving from the UK. I've had a few up's and downs but on the whole it's been great so far. Just had my first visitors over from the UK and spent 3 weeks over Xmas travelling round NZ and drinking far too much wine : ) Had a fantastic time but they left last weekend and now I'm feeling quite sad : ( I moved out here on my own and have been lucky through work to have made lots of friends but somehow it's just not the same. I suppose I just wish all my family and freinds were living here with me. Right, i'll stop rambling on now : ) I know i'll be fine in a few weeks, just hard as they've ony just left. At least there's no snow here and there's lots to look forward to in summer! : )

Anyway, belated happy new year everyone! Be good to hear from anyone in a similar position to me.

Michelle x
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:27 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi and happy New Year!

Originally Posted by michellesimotich
Hi everyone!

Not posted anythng on here before. Been in NZ for just over a year now after moving from the UK. I've had a few up's and downs but on the whole it's been great so far. Just had my first visitors over from the UK and spent 3 weeks over Xmas travelling round NZ and drinking far too much wine : ) Had a fantastic time but they left last weekend and now I'm feeling quite sad : ( I moved out here on my own and have been lucky through work to have made lots of friends but somehow it's just not the same. I suppose I just wish all my family and freinds were living here with me. Right, i'll stop rambling on now : ) I know i'll be fine in a few weeks, just hard as they've ony just left. At least there's no snow here and there's lots to look forward to in summer! : )

Anyway, belated happy new year everyone! Be good to hear from anyone in a similar position to me.

Michelle x

Hi not in a similar position .....2 more weeks of UK weather to look forward to! Just wanted to welcome you to this friendly place & hope that you'll soon feel OK again.
B x
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:32 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michelle and welcome to BE.

Lots of people find it hard when family have been and gone - you are not alone in feeling like this.

Whereabouts in NZ are you? There maybe some people on here in your area too.

Happy postings.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Lots of people find it hard when family have been and gone - you are not alone in feeling like this.

Happy postings.
Thanks! I'm living in Auckland, on the North Shore, nice and close to the beach : )
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:08 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Happy postings.
I have to say what has alrady been said you are not alone!!! I stll have my Brother empty pill box he left, and I will keep it till he arrives again HOW SAD AM I!!!
Best Of Luck it must be Hard for you Post an Invite for Drinks that may help you
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Flatcap is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michelle,

I understand how you're feeling at the mo - I felt very similar when I arrived, knowing all my maties were back in the UK and I was all alone. I cried for weeks. You must be a very strong person to have moved out here alone in the first place, so I'm sure you'll pull through.

My OH flies off to Europe next Friday on business, so I'll just have myself to talk to for the next ten days - and will no doubt be feeling very homesick myself on my own, so if you fancy meeting for a coffee - I'm in Castor Bay if it's near you.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi there! I'm in Belmont, which is in-between Takapuna and Devonport, so not too far from you! Definately up for meeting for a coffee, just let me know when you're free
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Hi Michelle,

The hubby flies off next Friday night, then I'm young free and single till the
9th
Are you doing anything on Sunday 31st ? - there's one of those Music in the Park things on at the Domain. It's a little big band that week, so should be good.
We happened to be cycling past the rotunda last week when the first one took place - it was mammoth! A real lazy Sunday afternoon in the park, everyone turned up with picnic rugs and loads of food and wine - families, oldies, couples, the lot. It was verra nice
Pity we were on bikes ... LOL

If that's not your bag we can meet up for a coffee in Devonport - I'm free every day and evenings and will have wheelz! (haven't got a job yet )
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Flatcap
Hi Michelle,

The hubby flies off next Friday night, then I'm young free and single till the
9th
Are you doing anything on Sunday 31st ? - there's one of those Music in the Park things on at the Domain. It's a little big band that week, so should be good.
We happened to be cycling past the rotunda last week when the first one took place - it was mammoth! A real lazy Sunday afternoon in the park, everyone turned up with picnic rugs and loads of food and wine - families, oldies, couples, the lot. It was verra nice
Pity we were on bikes ... LOL

If that's not your bag we can meet up for a coffee in Devonport - I'm free every day and evenings and will have wheelz! (haven't got a job yet )
Hi there, Sunday sounds good, off to 'Fiesta del Sol' on Waiheke island on the Saturday....but hopefuly I won't be feeling too worse for wear on the Sunday : )

What line of work are you in?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

I'm an Interior Designer - but works seems on the very thin side at the mo and having the summer off is just awful!

Sunday's good with me too - shall I meet you there (with a yellow ribbon in my hair ) around 2ish? Will take nibbles etc. Have you got a rug? - we've not got round to buying one yet.

Oh - sorry, was presuming you've also got transport - or do you need a lift?

Philippa
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Flatcap
I'm an Interior Designer - but works seems on the very thin side at the mo and having the summer off is just awful!

Sunday's good with me too - shall I meet you there (with a yellow ribbon in my hair ) around 2ish? Will take nibbles etc. Have you got a rug? - we've not got round to buying one yet.

Oh - sorry, was presuming you've also got transport - or do you need a lift?

Philippa
Ha ha...i can only imagine how terrible that must be for you : )

Yes, have a blanket i can bring.....lift would be great.....although we could get ferry over if you fancy a few vino's? : ) i'll send you a PM with my mobile no.