Hi Folks

Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:35 am
Just Joined

GavinP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Folks

Kia Ora everyone. I'm living in Blackpool at the moment with my wife who is a Kiwi (from Dunedin). I met her a few years ago at work and spoiled her plans of a quick (2 year) working holiday in the UK
Having said that, we do intend to move to NZ "in a few years" - probably when the (UK) housing market picks up again (no point in giving the house away!) and if I could get made redundant as well around the same time that would be good too!
She wants to go back to Dunners as that's where she is from so she will have friends/family to see but I have said that if I am going to up sticks and move then I would like somewhere with better weather so would prefer something in the north of the North Island.

Gav
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:17 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Folks

Hi & welcome to this great forum!

Also married to a Kiwi & spoilt his plans of a 2 year OE

Now he has mortgage, 4 kids (2 from my previous marriage) and of course me
Soooooooo......... 11years later looks like he may get to go home with us in tow.

Hope to go next year, have to sell house so not too bargain basement.

As we are not exactly spring chicks feel its time for us to go.

Dewb
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:20 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09

Soooooooo......... 11years later looks like he may get to go home with us in tow.

Dewb
Welcome from another kiwi spouse who is v def no spring chicken!! (but not an old broiler either) !!
Good luck with your plans & keep us posted
B x
Old Aug 27th 2009, 10:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum.

Happy postings .
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Hi Dewb,
Did you and your man have the same nightmare I and my (now wife) did in getting a British Visa for our Kiwis?

I'm hoping that when we go over to NZ, I won't have the same problems as she did over here!

Gav.

Originally Posted by Dewb09

Dewb
Old Aug 28th 2009, 1:02 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=GavinP;7882953]Hi Dewb,
Did you and your man have the same nightmare I and my (now wife) did in getting a British Visa for our Kiwis?

Sorry to hear you had problems,

His was all straight forward didnt encounter any problems, did laugh my head off during the citizen ceremony though

all goes smoothly for me over there

How things coming along for you?

Dewb
Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:40 am
Just Joined

ronnie don is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Hi Folks

It makes me laugh that everyone says they want to move north because of the better weather!!!!

I am Team Dunedin all the way and as I type this yes its windy but the sun is shining ..... Im from the UK and married to a kiwi and I would not move to anywhere else in NZ......I would rather have the sun shining and a cooler climate than rain and if you go up north especially to Auckland then thats all you will get I kid you not :-)
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:07 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Hi Folks

Originally Posted by ronnie don
It makes me laugh that everyone says they want to move north because of the better weather!!!!

I am Team Dunedin all the way and as I type this yes its windy but the sun is shining ..... Im from the UK and married to a kiwi and I would not move to anywhere else in NZ......I would rather have the sun shining and a cooler climate than rain and if you go up north especially to Auckland then thats all you will get I kid you not :-)
Hi Gav, a few days behind, not been online much.. Anyway, welcome to BE enjoy and all the best.

tina. x
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Hi guys,
Well I certainly don't want to live in Auckland (Dorkland as 'er indoors calls it) as I may as well be in any city anywhere in the world and that isn't what I want from NZ. We will probably end up, certainly short term, in Dunners as that's where her mum (+other family, friends) live.
I've only been twice, once over Christmas/New Year 2005/6 for 6 weeks and for 4 weeks March 2008 and it did nothing but rain most of the time. She said it was some British weather to make me feel right at home

She's got ILR for the UK now will be eligable for a passport towards the end of the year. Long and boring story but suffice to say it cost a lot of money, time and stress.

Gav.