Reload this Page >

Hi Everyone Newbie here

Hi Everyone Newbie here

Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:12 am
Just Joined

jencox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Everyone Newbie here

Hi
Im all new to this but very excited my husband last night accepted a job in Auckland NZ he will be working on the Auckland bridge as a project manager with a credited company and has sent off all paper work today to do with references etc then the fun begins with visas etc we are moving out to you all in August we will be getting a date soon, moving will be myself, husband, our 5 and 3year old boys and by then our new born baby girl who is due june 18th
im looking at rental homes and schools atm where are the best place to live and good schools?
i have a thousand questions i want to ask but for now im just saying hi
many thanks

Last edited by jencox; Feb 11th 2014 at 10:39 am.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 11:07 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone Newbie here

Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you're going to have an exciting and very busy few months
From your post (and guesswork!) you'll probably be on a Talent (accredited employer) WTR visa. The whole family can apply for residency once your husband has worked for two years on that visa - assuming that is the one you're applying for of course.

Good luck and have a search round the forum for anything you need to know or just start up a thread and ask away. We're mostly friendly

P
Old Feb 11th 2014, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

thank you for the reply persephone, im very excited but im trying to get organised as much as we can we will be coming WTR visa what im not looking forward to is the quickly getting passport and visa done for the baby in the short space of time we have before the move also packing what do we take? how mant toys we have agreed to rent a fully furnished until we are settled and decide exactly on area etc then rent somewhere else where we will buy new furniture as here a lot is second hand or not good quality
jen
Old Feb 11th 2014, 1:57 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

hi

im moving out in august. i will have 1 and 2yr old then. my husbands also with accredited employer.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moving2NZ2013
hi

im moving out in august. i will have 1 and 2yr old then. my husbands also with accredited employer.
Where will you be moving to?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:18 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Methven its south island. 40mins east of christchurch
Old Feb 11th 2014, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

Hello!

My hubby will be based in East Tamaki with an accredited employer. We don't have any children (yet) and we're shipping on out on March 11th!

These guys rock and have been really rather wonderful with everyone I've seen on here. There's tonnes to read through too. My advice would be to grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfy - this is fast becoming my most frequently visited website
Old Feb 11th 2014, 5:11 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen256
Hello!

My hubby will be based in East Tamaki with an accredited employer. We don't have any children (yet) and we're shipping on out on March 11th!

These guys rock and have been really rather wonderful with everyone I've seen on here. There's tonnes to read through too. My advice would be to grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfy - this is fast becoming my most frequently visited website
hi everyone. I live in Auckland and have a 5 year old daughter. We rent in Glendowie. We are near to Mission Bay and St Heliers. Properties here are expensive to buy but the beaches are great. There are plenty of parks for the kids too. Lots of activities at St Heliers library for the younger ones. I also visited Devonport and loved it there. Loads of families and I heard quite a few English accents there too.

I wish you well in your travels and good luck with the whole moving thing! I know there will be loads to sort out but just make a list and tackle one thing at a time.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 5:53 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and to the NZ bit of it

as already suggested read a lot, especially cost of living, get on the Immigration website and make yourself aware of the procedure you will need to go through to obtain the right visa for you and your family. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Do you know anyone from NZ? if so get their help
If not try and find some members from here that are close by from where you are going to be and are willing to help (can't see that being a problem)
Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jencox
Hi
im looking at rental homes and schools atm where are the best place to live and good schools?
That all depends on how much you want to spend in rent each week. I always preferred the North shore over Auckland itself
and anywhere to the east of the Motorway up there would be a safe bet as ok to live.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:50 am
Just Joined

jacquena123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there hope your well, we have just recently moved from the uk to auckland we live in a place called howick its quite sort after for familys and great schools, we have 2 boys aged 5 and 7, we arrived the 5th of dec so if you have any questions just message me i would gladly answer any as its still new to us to x
Old Mar 4th 2014, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

sghall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we have just made the decision after a lot of research that we will move next March (this is because ny husband has a lease on his business premises that we cannot get out of until then!). Also looking at north shore area, wil have a 5 and 2 year old by time we come! Just in the process of signing with a migration planner to do all our paperwork!
Old Mar 4th 2014, 5:58 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sghall
Just in the process of signing with a migration planner to do all our paperwork!
are there going to be problems with your application? migration planner? basically someone who puts the paperwork you provide in order.Do it yourself and save the thousands of pounds they will charge. lots of help on the Immigration website and on here if there are queries. what type of visa would you be applying under
Old Mar 4th 2014, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

sghall is an unknown quantity at this point

We would be applying for a skilled migrant visa as both my husband and myself are both on skills list.
I feel like if paid someone to do it all, it would be right! And we are both full time workers with pre school children so feel the spare time we have is limited!
Old Mar 4th 2014, 8:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jencox
Hi
Im all new to this but very excited my husband last night accepted a job in Auckland NZ he will be working on the Auckland bridge as a project manager with a credited company and has sent off all paper work today to do with references etc then the fun begins with visas etc we are moving out to you all in August we will be getting a date soon, moving will be myself, husband, our 5 and 3year old boys and by then our new born baby girl who is due june 18th
i have a thousand questions i want to ask but for now im just saying hi
many thanks
Hi and welcome to this New Zealand forum Jencox.

A thousand question are all very welcome.

I see you are deciding about toys. Obviously you'll be bringing the cherished ones but for other toys, you can use the Toy Library . Click the link to browse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.