Hi to everyone

Old May 22nd 2011, 6:21 am
Just Joined

serangetti08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi to everyone

Only just discovered this site! Have been looking for ages on the net as want to meet up with people and make friends.
My husband, myself, 3 cats and a large container of worldly goods arrived in Auckland back in May 08 from Suffolk, UK.
LOVE NZ....Just so glad we made the move and have no regrets apart from wishing we could have done it years ago. I myself have given up work due to a back problem so am keen to make new friends as have not really made that many yet. Look forward to hearing from others

Sue
Old May 23rd 2011, 6:16 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi to everyone

Hi Sue, and welcome to this crazy corner of BE

Can't help with meeting up myself living as I do in what dear old Jim Hickey likes to call 'The Deep South', but there are plenty of members in your neck of the woods - I'm sure some of them will be around soon.

Have you checked out the Meet Ups area of our forum? I think there is a discussion about a meetup in the Auckland area, but if not you could start a thread about one yourself

Hope you find this site useful - I know I have!
Old May 23rd 2011, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Sue, good to meet another westie east anglian (I'm from Norfolk)
Enjoy hanging out on BE
Old May 23rd 2011, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

jen.g is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sue, we are in east anglia norfolk/suffolk border, no quite in NZ yet, but not long now
Old May 23rd 2011, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

serangetti08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hi to everyone

Hi jen.g

You will just love it over here. So much more to do, great relaxed way of life and great friendly people. When do you hope to get here and what area are you moving to? Good luck with it all, it will all be so worth it. Keep in touch. Sue
Old May 23rd 2011, 9:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Those are lovely first posts from you Sue

Welcome to our cosy little NZ forum. Have a fun time getting to know the locals & I hope you make some friends along the way.
Old May 24th 2011, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by serangetti08
Hi jen.g

You will just love it over here. So much more to do, great relaxed way of life and great friendly people. When do you hope to get here and what area are you moving to? Good luck with it all, it will all be so worth it. Keep in touch. Sue
sounds great we are heading towards christchurch, we were looking within the next 4 months with a visit next month, but hubby has just picked up a big contract which is to good to turn down so looks like it will be next year now
Old May 24th 2011, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue, I have just realised that I haven't welcomed you yet . How very rude of me.

I don't get over to West Auckland very much, I occasionally meet up with one of my westie friends at a cafe at Hobsonville Point (I think that's what it's called!!! I just get in my car & head that way ), or we meet at Albany Westfield.

Happy posting & hope you start making more friends soon. Quite a few westies around on this forum.
Old May 27th 2011, 10:34 am
Just Joined

NQT2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jen.g
Hi sue, we are in east anglia norfolk/suffolk border, no quite in NZ yet, but not long now
We are in North Suffolk, nearish to Norfolk border too!
Waiting for house to sell then going to take the plunge!
Old May 27th 2011, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NQT2010
We are in North Suffolk, nearish to Norfolk border too!
Waiting for house to sell then going to take the plunge!
where are you heading to? we are heading towards christchurch
Old May 27th 2011, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

NQT2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jen.g
where are you heading to? we are heading towards christchurch
We are starting at Auckland, then probably going to have a few weeks looking for work, and will end up wherever the work is. I fancy Wellington really, but it's all a bit of an adventure for us!
Old May 28th 2011, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I was norfolk suffolk border too....an exodus indeed. I have the occasional hankering to go back there but it's unlikely to happen til 2013.
Old May 29th 2011, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Triliteral is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by serangetti08
Only just discovered this site! Have been looking for ages on the net as want to meet up with people and make friends.
My husband, myself, 3 cats and a large container of worldly goods arrived in Auckland back in May 08 from Suffolk, UK.
LOVE NZ....Just so glad we made the move and have no regrets apart from wishing we could have done it years ago. I myself have given up work due to a back problem so am keen to make new friends as have not really made that many yet. Look forward to hearing from others

Sue
Hi Sue. We live in Northland. I've been here since I was 8, but my husband, Peter, emigrated here 9 years ago from the Isle of Wight. We live on a 4 acre block of bush in a little cabin on the Hokianga Harbour. We love it here - even as the winter starts to bite!
Old May 29th 2011, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue and welcome to the forum

I'm not an Aucklander yet, in Rotorua at the moment but heading up your way around September time. I'm looking at probably renting somewhere in west Auckland so hopefully we can meet up for a cuppa sometime soon.