British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hi to everyone (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hi-everyone-717948/)

serangetti08 May 22nd 2011 6:21 am

Hi to everyone

Only just discovered this site! Have been looking for ages on the net as want to meet up with people and make friends.
My husband, myself, 3 cats and a large container of worldly goods arrived in Auckland back in May 08 from Suffolk, UK.
LOVE NZ....Just so glad we made the move and have no regrets apart from wishing we could have done it years ago. I myself have given up work due to a back problem so am keen to make new friends as have not really made that many yet. Look forward to hearing from others:)

Sue

Woodpigeon May 23rd 2011 6:16 am

Re: Hi to everyone

Hi Sue, and welcome to this crazy corner of BE :)

Can't help with meeting up myself living as I do in what dear old Jim Hickey likes to call 'The Deep South', but there are plenty of members in your neck of the woods - I'm sure some of them will be around soon.

Have you checked out the Meet Ups area of our forum? I think there is a discussion about a meetup in the Auckland area, but if not you could start a thread about one yourself :)

Hope you find this site useful - I know I have!

pricklykina May 23rd 2011 7:56 am

Welcome Sue, good to meet another westie east anglian (I'm from Norfolk)
Enjoy hanging out on BE

jen.g May 23rd 2011 3:45 pm

Hi sue, we are in east anglia norfolk/suffolk border, no quite in NZ yet, but not long now :thumbsup:

serangetti08 May 23rd 2011 8:45 pm

Hi jen.g

You will just love it over here. So much more to do, great relaxed way of life and great friendly people. When do you hope to get here and what area are you moving to? Good luck with it all, it will all be so worth it. Keep in touch. Sue:D

BEVS May 23rd 2011 9:38 pm

Those are lovely first posts from you Sue :)

Welcome to our cosy little NZ forum. Have a fun time getting to know the locals & I hope you make some friends along the way.

jen.g May 24th 2011 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by serangetti08 (Post 9383160)
Hi jen.g

You will just love it over here. So much more to do, great relaxed way of life and great friendly people. When do you hope to get here and what area are you moving to? Good luck with it all, it will all be so worth it. Keep in touch. Sue:D

sounds great :) we are heading towards christchurch, we were looking within the next 4 months with a visit next month, but hubby has just picked up a big contract which is to good to turn down so looks like it will be next year now :thumbdown:

scrubbedexpat094 May 24th 2011 11:55 pm

Hi Sue, I have just realised that I haven't welcomed you yet :o. How very rude of me.

I don't get over to West Auckland very much, I occasionally meet up with one of my westie friends at a cafe at Hobsonville Point (I think that's what it's called!!! I just get in my car & head that way ;)), or we meet at Albany Westfield.

Happy posting & hope you start making more friends soon. Quite a few westies around on this forum.

NQT2010 May 27th 2011 10:34 am

Originally Posted by jen.g (Post 9382594)
Hi sue, we are in east anglia norfolk/suffolk border, no quite in NZ yet, but not long now :thumbsup:

We are in North Suffolk, nearish to Norfolk border too!
Waiting for house to sell then going to take the plunge!
:thumbsup:

jen.g May 27th 2011 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by NQT2010 (Post 9391410)
We are in North Suffolk, nearish to Norfolk border too!
Waiting for house to sell then going to take the plunge!
:thumbsup:

where are you heading to? we are heading towards christchurch :thumbsup:

NQT2010 May 27th 2011 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by jen.g (Post 9391880)
where are you heading to? we are heading towards christchurch :thumbsup:

We are starting at Auckland, then probably going to have a few weeks looking for work, and will end up wherever the work is. I fancy Wellington really, but it's all a bit of an adventure for us!

pricklykina May 28th 2011 10:24 am

I was norfolk suffolk border too....an exodus indeed. I have the occasional hankering to go back there but it's unlikely to happen til 2013.

Triliteral May 29th 2011 12:43 am

Originally Posted by serangetti08 (Post 9379976)
Only just discovered this site! Have been looking for ages on the net as want to meet up with people and make friends.
My husband, myself, 3 cats and a large container of worldly goods arrived in Auckland back in May 08 from Suffolk, UK.
LOVE NZ....Just so glad we made the move and have no regrets apart from wishing we could have done it years ago. I myself have given up work due to a back problem so am keen to make new friends as have not really made that many yet. Look forward to hearing from others:)

Sue

Hi Sue. We live in Northland. I've been here since I was 8, but my husband, Peter, emigrated here 9 years ago from the Isle of Wight. We live on a 4 acre block of bush in a little cabin on the Hokianga Harbour. We love it here - even as the winter starts to bite!

lisamct May 29th 2011 6:05 am

Hi Sue and welcome to the forum :)

I'm not an Aucklander yet, in Rotorua at the moment but heading up your way around September time. I'm looking at probably renting somewhere in west Auckland so hopefully we can meet up for a cuppa sometime soon.