Hi everyone!!

Old Mar 15th 2010, 5:21 am
Just Joined

welshmat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi everyone!!

Been here seven months, just got around to joining(sorry) we found the site really helpfull before, during and after the move! Thought if we could help anyone out with anything feel free to ask, as we had a few problems along the way! even with jobs and perm res sorted before we came!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all
Default Re: Hi everyone!!

Hi and welcome!

we have sent our Ita off, so just settling in for the long wait to be assigned a case officer, so no questions at mo just wanted to say hi but am sure your experiences will help others.

Are you glad you have made the move?

Dave and Helen
Old Mar 15th 2010, 2:21 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshmat
Been here seven months, just got around to joining(sorry) we found the site really helpfull before, during and after the move! Thought if we could help anyone out with anything feel free to ask, as we had a few problems along the way! even with jobs and perm res sorted before we came!
Hi & welcome nice of you to offer your experiences will be a great help

How you finding things so far? Saw Titirangi on Wanted down under how do you like it there?

DEwb
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to BE.

Have fun posting around the place.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Default Thanks for your replies!

In answer to your questions, things are good thanks for asking! Me and Paula both love it here especially out the ranges and west coast, awsome sceneary, great walks and good fishing! Just been so busy the last seven months, the first four months we just tried to explore (taupo, rotorua, coromandel) and settle in, but then we bought the house! moved in on christmas day and havent stopped working on it since You forget how convenient ikea is! we only came with four suit cases we now know of every diy, furniture store, electrical, soft furnishing,garden centre and homeware store in auckland!!! But at least I've only got the kitchen and bathroom left to do, then we can chill out, and start exploring again. The only bad thing about auckland is the takeaways, all the fish and chip shops sell frozen chips??? the indian restaurants are really bad, we've tried quite a few! cheap ones and expensive ones but they all taste the same and the chinese restaurants dont do crispy beef?? so after a drink up on fridays its off to hell pizza or the little kebab shop in point chev at least the beers good! sorry to go on & on but im waiting for some paint to dry so I can put a second coat on!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Hi welshmat

Glad to hear your enjoying life over there, we're still plodding along through the process at the mo so I'm sure I will have some questions for you at some point. Although... after hearing about the no crispy beef situation, I'm not sure if I'm coming Shame to hear the takeaways are not so good, but on the other hand I might actually lose some weight!

Good luck with getting your house finished and keep us updated
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...takeaways take some getting used to but I do like my curry with bones in so that has been good for me.

There used to be the best Pizza shop in New Lynn, Welsh mat but I see no longer. It was called Ambrosie or summat.

I miss british chinese although you get good authentic chinese here. And I'm now a fan of the noodle box on Sandringham Rd oh and Satya on Sandringham rd do delicious indian food

I'm in yr neck of the woods (BHB) so if you come across something tasty and local let me know...I haven't been to black salt but I heard it was good?

Maybe we should start a new takeaway thread
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Hi, pricklykina, takeaway thread does'nt sound a bad idea! As far as indian takeaways go the best that I found still has to be Masala in titirangi ($10 mains on a mon, tue and wed ) as for black salt I only drink there now and again but have'nt tried the food yet. In case your all wondering I dont live on takeaways its just been more of a convenience thing while we've been working on the house (honestly), was wondering if anyones eaten in bricklane the restaurant near new world in new lynn?? have been meaning to try it for a while, but always end up in lonestar(the apricot and apple stuffed pork with the crispy crackling) anybody else that knows of somewhere worth trying join in
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

new thread it is...watch that space!