Hi, everyone!!!

Old Jun 26th 2009, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

leezoe will become famous soon enough
Smile Hi, everyone!!!

we have just started the ball rolling for our NZ visa, at long last. We are looking to move to the North of South Island. We have 3 teenage children in school, but are still very nervous about moving them. We are looking for some info on the schools and colleges in or around this part of South Island can anyone help!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi, everyone!!!

Welcome to the forum Leezoe, and good luck with the visa process.
Sorry I can't help with your South island queries, don't know that area at all, but I did move over here with 2 teenagers who, a year in are well settled, happy and living life to the full. I had worried endlessly about whether or not we were doing the right thing dispupting their education and moving them away from their friends...the teenage years are such a tricky time, but it can work. Certainly we've no regrets.
Just sending you some welcome karma
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:38 am
Just Joined

leezoe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tomsk
Welcome to the forum Leezoe, and good luck with the visa process.
Sorry I can't help with your South island queries, don't know that area at all, but I did move over here with 2 teenagers who, a year in are well settled, happy and living life to the full. I had worried endlessly about whether or not we were doing the right thing dispupting their education and moving them away from their friends...the teenage years are such a tricky time, but it can work. Certainly we've no regrets.
Just sending you some welcome karma
Thanks, did your teenagers settle in quickly, do they miss home.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

They settled in really quite quickly, probably took about a month to be comfortable at school and in friendship groups but have gone from strength to strength since then. They've both said at different times that they miss people, friends, family, but not "home" and currently have no desire to return on a permanent basis. Of course things change fast in a teenagers life and I fully expect that they'll be planning a big OE in a few years, and then I'll see if they return from that

How old are your teenagers? Mine were 16 & 15 when we came over.