hi everyone

Old May 31st 2009, 6:36 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Default hi everyone

Hi Everyone, sitting in my living room in mansfield notts at the mo - , surrounded by boxes of packed stuff, the moving company are coming at 10am tomorow morning to ship all our gear out. got 3 more weeks here , flight on the 23rd june. My wife Liz, a recovery nurse, has a job secured in Auckland for 2 years, and so, what the hell, we decided to go for it. Got 2 lads Evan 3 and Owen 9, and myself a 42 year old financial ruin . We've done loads of research and I have a brother in law who's been in Auckland for 6 months so have a reasonable idea of what awaits, anyone with any advice for us would be warmly appreciated. C ya soon NZ - Al, Liz, Owen Evan
Old May 31st 2009, 9:56 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi everyone

Hi good luck with the move, you must be counting down the days now!
B x
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:24 am
Just Joined

wackywoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry got no advice... just along to say GO FOR IT as people are saying to me...
I got a job in Auckland City Hospital, Im a midwife.

Feeling the fear so badly its stopping me filling the forms in...
Im a single parent... bloody scarey.... their dad is really unhappy with me..
The kids are happy one day and sad to leave him and their friends the next.

You are a unit.. on the way, your kids are young enough to go with the flow and slot into the education system which I read and hear from my friends in Auckland is Very supportive and produces well balanced confident children.

Life sounds GOOD out there...
GO FOR IT and enjoy... come back if its not right...
I feel it will DO loads for all of you on allsorts of levels to GIVE IT A GO....
Best of luck with it all.... wish it was me going so soon....
Alison in Sunny Bingham, Nottingham
x
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:22 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Wow, thanks for the replies guys
'course you're right Allison , can always come back if we ever need to
Latest update, I'm sat on the back garden, sun beating down and the removal chaps are currently loading up as I type
It all seems very real now. Youngest just wants to go to "oo ealand" no probs but we're having a similar situation with Owen - up for it one day , don't want to leave Grandad and his mates the next. He'll be fine when he gets a gang over there I'm sure, just want the 23rd to arrive now and get the next few months out of the way.
Final point , probably posting this in the wrong section, but, is anyone letting their UK house out as I am doing ? been told I am not liable for tax on the income (which is not really an income as its just paying the mortgage and the letting agent) but have just got a letter from inland revenue asking about stuff like that a P85 form if anyone has experience of it.
Cheers Alan
Old Jun 5th 2009, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Wellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to all

very exciting times.

Auckland's so much warmer than Wellington, I sometimes find myself getting envious.

Good luck with the move and don't forget the Piriton for the 3-year-old on the long flight.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wellington Will
Auckland's so much warmer than Wellington, I sometimes find myself getting envious.

(I must admit) me too!

Best Wishes for Alan. “I-hope-things-work-out-for-the-best"

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 5th 2009 at 6:30 am.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 9:29 am
bga
Forum Regular

Thanks for the good wishes folks ,
Piriton seems a good solution, need to get the little fella sleeping on the plane (and the big fella too) for everyones sake. Can't get rid of butterflies in my stomach now and still 2 1/2 wks to go .
Old Jun 8th 2009, 6:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hallo and welcome.
Happy postings.