Hi Everyone

Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

brindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant future
Default Hi Everyone

I am a new member and just started posting today.
I am particularly interested in emmigrating to NZ (North Island), and hope to visit next year. So will be posting further.
I was also interested in Australia, but this would be my 2nd choice.
I have just completed my MA (Social Work) and understand this is on the shortage list, but having emailed a few agencies they appear to be looking for 2 years experience (to get a job and boost points). Any Advice?
My hubby has his own building firm, lots of experience, but no qualifications. Could he get a job offer?
We have 3 dogs and realise that this will be about £6k cost to ship over.
Any advice on pet friendly rentals as I understand they are limited.
I know lots of questions, but any advice would be brilliant.
Thanks Katrina
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi Everyone

Hi - I am also a Social Worker & have been liasing with NZ social work Registration Board over the last 12 months. even though you are not required by law to be registered it is advisable that you are. Many jobs require you to be anyway -you can only do this once in NZ - you also have to demonstrtae competences. I have been involved in Social care for more than 20 years - but am happy to do whatever. You will need to have your qualifications assessed & inform NZQA when doing so that you want them for registration they will signpost you to NZSWRB. There are a number of social work agencies but they tend to want you to sign for them on an exclusive basis.I want to keep my options as open as possible so haven't gone down this route. Hope this helps
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

brindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant future

I am wondering if Australia may be a better option...Really unsure.
I know life doesn't evolve round money, but does Oz have more opportunities?
and better wages.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:46 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brindy
I am wondering if Australia may be a better option...Really unsure.
I know life doesn't evolve round money, but does Oz have more opportunities?
and better wages.
Welcome

That's what you hear.

Have you calculated your points?

Best of luck

Pauline