Hi Everyone!

Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:29 am
Just Joined

epeeist4 is a jewel in the roughepeeist4 is a jewel in the roughepeeist4 is a jewel in the roughepeeist4 is a jewel in the roughepeeist4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Hi Everyone!

Seriously thinking of moving to NZ and been looking at the Hawkes Bay area, so any info would be greatly appreciated. Going to our 1st Expo in April London, really looking forward to it.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:35 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hi Everyone!

The Hawkes Bay region is quite nice. Lovely warm sunny summers and relatively mild winters. Nice wine produced there as well, so I hear.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:49 am
Just Joined

epeeist4 is a jewel in the roughepeeist4 is a jewel in the roughepeeist4 is a jewel in the roughepeeist4 is a jewel in the roughepeeist4 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the reply! Is Hawkes Bay near any major cities do you know?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:53 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Kinda depends on what you consider major, eh? We're talking New Zealand here, right? Napier-Hastings are the biggest population centres in the Hawkes Bay.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:58 am
Just Joined

How long have you lived there, whats the lifstyle like and do you miss England at all, pro's and con's really? thanks
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:20 am

I've been living in New Zealand for six years. It's a life. I have no idea what to say about lifestyle. Too darn subjective for me to comment.

Do I miss England? Well, my sum total of time in England is the two hours I spent in transit at Gatwick Airport New Year's Day 2002. I'm not British y'see.

Pros -- gorgeous countryside, mostly friendly folks, fresh fruit and veg, sporting culture, beetroot on sandwiches, uncrowded beaches even in the main population centres, feijoas, beautiful bird life...and so on.

Cons -- crap drivers, expensive shoes and books, boy racers, cold houses in winter (pack your woolies), lack of decent affordable Mexican food...and so on.

Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi am also looking at the Hawkes bay area, looks fantastic from what i have seen.

Hopefully will be there Sometime towards the end of the year
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Hi there! you're very lucky to be going so soon. Are you moving permanently this year or just visiting? You will have to tell me what its like. hoping to go there next year.