Hi everyone

Old May 21st 2006, 8:18 pm
Counting down the days

mrs_kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hi everyone

Greetings,

I'm Dawn (34), originally from Wales, married to a kiwi who is originally from Masterton, we finished the first part of our immigration process in Feb and are now waiting for 20th July to come so we can start the more exciting part.

We're planning to settle in Levin, both hubby (Chris - 29) and I have jobs in Palmy, I'm in IT, Chris is a pilot (ex-Royal Navy).

We've got 2 boys, Lewis (13) and Sam (12), the boys joined the forum too, lew_uk_kiwi and kiwi_sam, if there are any other children out there going through the same thing, my boys would love to hear from you.

Husband is a bit apprehensive about returning to NZ after 10 years out, he knows things will have changed, but he doesn't know if he'll be able to slot straight back in.

If there's anyone on here with experience of Levin, I'd love to hear more about the town and your opinions on living there, especially the schools and things to do for teenage boys.

Thanks in advance

Dawn
Old May 21st 2006, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi everyone

Originally Posted by mrs_kiwi
Greetings,

I'm Dawn (34), originally from Wales, married to a kiwi who is originally from Masterton, we finished the first part of our immigration process in Feb and are now waiting for 20th July to come so we can start the more exciting part.

We're planning to settle in Levin, both hubby (Chris - 29) and I have jobs in Palmy, I'm in IT, Chris is a pilot (ex-Royal Navy).

We've got 2 boys, Lewis (13) and Sam (12), the boys joined the forum too, lew_uk_kiwi and kiwi_sam, if there are any other children out there going through the same thing, my boys would love to hear from you.

Husband is a bit apprehensive about returning to NZ after 10 years out, he knows things will have changed, but he doesn't know if he'll be able to slot straight back in.

If there's anyone on here with experience of Levin, I'd love to hear more about the town and your opinions on living there, especially the schools and things to do for teenage boys.

Thanks in advance

Dawn
good luck and welcome.....levin is nice by most accounts...good luck on the jobs in PN...
Old May 21st 2006, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mrs_kiwi
Greetings,

Thanks in advance

Dawn
Why on earth would you choose Levin when you both have jobs in Palmie? Seems like a very strange decision, there must be more to it???.
Old May 21st 2006, 11:15 pm
Counting down the days

mrs_kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Apple12
Why on earth would you choose Levin when you both have jobs in Palmie? Seems like a very strange decision, there must be more to it???.
We don't want to live in a "city" and we want to live near the coast, it's only 30-40 minutes to commute, which is less than we both do now. Property is cheaper in Levin too, plus it's near our family, so, not a strange decision at all.
Old May 21st 2006, 11:36 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, cool avatar