Old Nov 20th 2013, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

weeleighluigi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi everybody!

Hi all,
just wanted to pop in and say hi.

I'm Leigh (28) and my hubby is David (37) and we have 2 girls, <snip>
we are from the west coast of Scotland.
we are in the process of sorting out our EOI, hubby has some interest in him over there so just waiting to see if we have a job offer before we submit EOI.
looking at coming over to Bay Of Plenty. Is anybody from there??
I want to be somewhere hot!! Haha
can anyone tell me how long it took from submitting EOI to visa approved. IV read so much about new Zealand and moving there but alotof it seems very out of date.

thanks all,
Leigh

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 20th 2013 at 8:18 pm. Reason: best to keep some things private on an open forum.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice
Default Re: hi everybody!

Hi,
There are a few people on here from BOP especially Rotorua. I'm sure you be granted lots of very useful info from the regulars on here. Not sure how hot you want but quite hot enough for me, even in the NZ winter.
Good luck
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:13 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Leigh and welcome to BE!

I cant help on the BOP area as I've never even visited there but I'm sure someone will come along with some info.

As for the EOI-visa timing. It is quicker if a job offer is involved but can vary a lot depending on individual circumstances. If you have no health, character, child issues with your application then it should be relatively straightforward.
Processing times here for the London branch: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ssingtimes.htm

All the best
P
Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

weeleighluigi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

no health or legal issues or anything like that, intact, not even drinkers or smokers, I know, boring, but we are all about spending that precious time with the girls, well, until they get too cool to think they're mum and dad are their everything!!
we live on west coast of Scotland so cold, wet and miserable most of the time, we have some beautiful beaches and scenery that would stop your heart beating but its a dead end in a wee town where everything is closing, and where they send all the city folk and crazies!! Haha

so bay of plenty looks great and northland, wangarei and so on, might have the wrong spelling, its from my brain!! Haha
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

sghall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi leigh
Not got any info but will be useful to see what everyone says on this post! we are looking to emigrate over to NZ next year from the east of Scotland, hopefully march/april time with our two boys 4 and 7 months! looking at either thames area which is a bit more north or the bay of plenty area! we were recommended papamoa area but apparently its a big tsunami risk!!
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:04 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

tsunami and volcano eruptions are risks yes

everyone goes on about the earthquakes as they happen frequently, to varying degrees, people don't mention that it is a volcanic island and lots of it is reclaimed land through earthquakes and tsunami's.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 11:23 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. The whole process took 2 years for us. We had to enter into the EOI pool twice though so that slowed us down. The first time we were in for 6 months and didn't get picked and so we waited for 2 months until hubby had a job offer and then went back in. So you can really take 8 months off the time. Gosh I've confused myself there!
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
From receiving the ITA it took 19 months for us to get the bluey's in the passports.
The delay was caused by a medical issue my wife suffers from so Immigration had to refer it to their medical assessors and they asked lots of questions and needed more info etc.
If that hadn't happened I'm sure we would have been here in 2010 and not 2012.

The Bay Of Plenty is beautiful. Don't live there myself........yet, but I'm working on it.
My wife and I are looking to move to the BOP as soon as the opportunity arises.
I have a transfer request in at work and hopefully I'll get the OK to go within a year.
Know the area well having been there a number of times to check it out and a little bit of holidaying.
Mount Maunganui is just such a perfect beach resort - google some pics of it.

Papamoa is a newish subdivision to the East - towards Te Puke and then Whakatane.
It's well known for being built on reclaimed marsh land and a lot of it is also pretty much at sea level so there are and have been some flooding issues which I expect are down to the water table.
The Tsunami risk is a real factor. This comes from the active volcano at White Island which you get as a view out to sea if you live there. Its approx 45 KM off the coast or so I beleive and if it did go bang, the potential Tsunami would most definitely wipe Papamoa off the map - or so the experts beleive ?

As my job will be based in Hamilton after the transfer we're looking at living in Bethlehem which is nearer to Tauranga "city" but still in a really nice area which has it's own shops, open air mall (retail park) and parks etc.
Other really nice areas are Otumatai, Omokoroa, Pyes Pa. Welcome Bay is nice but I've heard the traffic situation isn't good there.

We have been in Wellington since we arrived in 2012 and even though Wellington is fine, we've become a bit fed up with the weather - especially the constant windy conditions, which not only makes like difficult on a motorbike, but the wind chill factor makes the temperature feel much colder than it actually is.
Didn't mind the wind at first until I got the motorbike.
So that's one reason why we want to move further north. Better weather. Higher temperatures all through the year. It feels 3 - 5 degrees warmer in the BOP every time we've been there.
Housing is cheaper for both rental properties and property to buy. You will get way more for your money.
Cost of living is cheaper in the BOP than Wellington. Fuel is cheaper yada yada yada lol!
The coastline hovers between the first and second sunniest area of NZ - the other one is Nelson and Hawkes Bay on the East coast is fairly high up there.

Good luck.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

oceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MrsFychan View Post
tsunami and volcano eruptions are risks yes

everyone goes on about the earthquakes as they happen frequently, to varying degrees, people don't mention that it is a volcanic island and lots of it is reclaimed land through earthquakes and tsunami's.
Tsaunamis Noone told me about these !!!
Old Nov 25th 2013, 4:42 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceane01 View Post
If there's a risk of earthquakes then there's always a risk of tsunamis. The two are connected
Old Nov 25th 2013, 4:44 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Can I just add for the OPs reassurance that processing of the EOI/ITA does not usually take anywhere near as long as the cases mentioned in this thread-take a look at the link I provided
Old Nov 25th 2013, 6:13 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
If there's a risk of earthquakes then there's always a risk of tsunamis. The two are connected
yes and not just through earthquakes happening in NZ but elsewhere as well.
Last week had a very interesting and informative chat with our local Civil Defence Rep. Needless to say I am upgrading the Emergency Kit at work and at home.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 6:14 pm

Timescales for visa applications.

Some of us have the timelines of theirs in the signature. Ours took just over 3mths and that was with it being over Christmas periods and CO only working 4 days a week and the fact we transferred the application over to NZ when we got approval. This time line was with my OH already working on a temp visa in NZ
Old Nov 25th 2013, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Evolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Lived in Tauranga for eight years. Would definitely recommend it. Papamoa is also known as Pommymoa for obvious reasons. Nice if you want to live by the beach but personally would not live there for because of the risk. Take a look at Bethlehem, Omokoroa, Pahoia, Tauriko all lovely areas with good schools. Would avoid Welcome Bay
Good luck with your move
Old Nov 26th 2013, 2:18 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceane01 View Post
There was one on the beach at Pommie-Moa (on BOP and the clue is in the name ) at the weekend, allegedly, although the local earthquake monitoring folks failed to spot it......

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11163077

Maybe something fell off NZ and no-one noticed?