Reload this Page >

Hi from Bonnie Scotland

Hi from Bonnie Scotland

Old Apr 22nd 2011, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

KathleenMo is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Hi from Bonnie Scotland

Hi

My partner and I are looking to move to NZ but don't think we'll get residence visas because of our ages, he's 58 and I'm 56.
We will need to find work though so any advice as to how easy / difficult it will be for us to get a) working visas and b) to get jobs!! would be much appreciated.
My partner works as a dairy manager on an organic dairy farm and has worked for the same farmer for over 30 years. I have worked in IT Support Services for 6 years and have an HNC in Administration and Information Technology.
Any advice we can get will be much appreciated.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

johneastriggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi from Bonnie Scotland

I could be wrong but I think 55 is the limit.Unless you got some family over there.I,m sure someone will confirm.Sorry I can,t be of more help
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

I too think you need to be under 56 to apply for a skilled migrant visa although I don't if there is another visa you could apply for?
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi, Thanks for that advice... can anybody tell me if there's an age limit for a temporary working visa and what our chances are of getting jobs? Also has anybody ever looked at the WWOOFing programme, it's something we've thought about but don't know if it's just for "young folks"
Old Apr 24th 2011, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KathleenMo
Hi, Thanks for that advice... can anybody tell me if there's an age limit for a temporary working visa and what our chances are of getting jobs? Also has anybody ever looked at the WWOOFing programme, it's something we've thought about but don't know if it's just for "young folks"
Hi There, Have a look on here, it should be able to give you all the info you need. Good luck!

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Hi from Bonnie Scotland

Hi, My partner and I are hoping to get either a working visa or a residents visa for NZ. Looks like our best option is to go through an agency, can anyone recommend a good one and give me some indication of what it might cost?
Old May 4th 2011, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Hi there,

We came over from Scotland Feb 2010. We used Overseas Emigration based in Edinburgh. They were very good and I would recommend them. Don't have details to hand but if you search on the web you should find them.

Denise
Old May 4th 2011, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Hi from Bonnie Scotland

Thanks Denise, I'll look online and see if I can find them. Can you give me a rough indication of what it all cost? I know each case will be different but just want to have some kind idea. Hope you're enjoying life in NZ
Old May 4th 2011, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

johneastriggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again,here is the link and phone number

www.overseas-emigration.co.uk

19a Graham Street
Edinburgh, Midlothian EH6 5QN
0131 625 6900
Old May 5th 2011, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

It cost us in the region of £3500
Denise
Old May 5th 2011, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Great, thanks again Denise, I'll let you kow how it goes
Old May 6th 2011, 4:21 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there sorry I can't be of any help with the immigration question, but I can a wee bit with the woofer one.
As far as I know there is no age restriction to it at all.
We have a small farm and often use a website called

http://www.helpx.net

very similar to woofers and we've had people of all ages come to stay. Another thing that might interest you is house sitting? You can get fairly long term ones around the country - usually looking after animals is involved, but not always - it might be a way of having a base.

When we go away we use this website
https://www.housecarers.com

Just ideas - may be of no help whatsoever, but you never know
Good luck xx
Old May 6th 2011, 5:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by KathleenMo
Hi

My partner and I are looking to move to NZ but don't think we'll get residence visas because of our ages, he's 58 and I'm 56.
You won't be able to apply to be NZ Residents under the skilled migrant policy as the upper age limit for that is 55
We will need to find work though so any advice as to how easy / difficult it will be for us to get a) working visas and b) to get jobs!! would be much appreciated.
My partner works as a dairy manager on an organic dairy farm and has worked for the same farmer for over 30 years.
can anybody tell me if there's an age limit for a temporary working visa and what our chances are of getting jobs?
Farmers appear on the immediate shortage list so an NZ employer is free to offer you a job and work. Quite often these positions come with accomodation.

There is no upper age limit for a temporary work visa. You might be able to get a 3 year one depending on what an NZ farming employer puts up as a contract. He will have to prove that he has the standard & work exp required for the work.

You might like to contact Frenz. I've no first hand knowledge of them but they do seem tailor made .

Please shop around for an immigration agent. Prices and service vary. People here have used Peter Croxson successfully. Also Lane Neave have a good reputation.

Contact them all for a free initial assessment and their costs.
Old May 7th 2011, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the links Pixi-dust and Bev, much appreciated and I'll definitely be looking into them