Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hi from AtomicRooster - moved to own thread.

Hi from AtomicRooster - moved to own thread.

Old Jan 4th 2011, 11:37 am
Just Joined

atomicrooster82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from AtomicRooster - moved to own thread.

Hi we are two families who have come together after a divorces/split ups/waiting divorce situations. I am self employed and have custody of a 10 yeaqr old child and my partner is training to be a nurse with 3 and half years of training left and has 3 girls of 13, 10 and 8. The plan was to go at the end of this year. I have enough points with my skills, but my partner wanted to complete her treining so we have a great base to work from when we go to NZ. We have been to meetings and have had the process and information so this not a whim. Difficulties will be persuading ex partners the benefits but in 3and a half years time the children will be more than capable of deciding their own future. In 18 months will start our application. Is there an upper age limit for which NZ will take. I'm approaching 42, (partner is 35). Don't want to miss the opportunity. Would even consider going out before my partner to ensure age is not a stumbling block.

Finally hHappy New Year to one and all. Happy that i've found this site
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:23 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saying Hello

Originally Posted by atomicrooster82
Hi we are two families who have come together after a divorces/split ups/waiting divorce situations. I am self employed and have custody of a 10 yeaqr old child and my partner is training to be a nurse with 3 and half years of training left and has 3 girls of 13, 10 and 8. The plan was to go at the end of this year. I have enough points with my skills, but my partner wanted to complete her treining so we have a great base to work from when we go to NZ. We have been to meetings and have had the process and information so this not a whim. Difficulties will be persuading ex partners the benefits but in 3and a half years time the children will be more than capable of deciding their own future. In 18 months will start our application. Is there an upper age limit for which NZ will take. I'm approaching 42, (partner is 35). Don't want to miss the opportunity. Would even consider going out before my partner to ensure age is not a stumbling block.

Hello & welcome to this friendly, informative forum Happy New Year to you & yours too
From memory, the upper age limit is 56, therefore, you need to have applied, been granted your visa and arrive in NZ before this age, so you have plenty of time yet! (Check out NZIS website) A nurse qualification will def be an advantage and will give you a strong application.
There have been a few previous threads / posts on the difficulties of persuading ex partners to agree to children emigrating .....if you use the search facility you should get some results that might prove interesting reading and prepare you for what may lie ahead. Or try posting specific questions on the main NZ forum.
Happy posting!
B x
Old Jan 4th 2011, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saying Hello

Originally Posted by atomicrooster82

Sorry to say children are not always listened too in these cases
Try putting 'step-children' into the thread search.
Good luck with your plans

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 25th 2011 at 10:26 pm. Reason: tidy quotes
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hi from AtomicRooster - moved to own thread.

Welcome to this cosy little NZ forum
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from AtomicRooster - moved to own thread.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your plans