Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hi from another new girl

Hi from another new girl

Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future
Default Hi from another new girl

Hi there,
As per most of the introductions that I have read, I too have been reading the threads on this site for some weeks now and think that I really must now introduce myself and get a bit more involved. So firstly, hello there to everyone, and thank you for all the info that I have gleaned over the last few months and for some of the laughs too (loved the Kiwi lingo thread - yis).
We are a family of 4, (4 year old and 2 year old) with two old dogs who have been secretly harbouring dreams of living in NZ for sometime now.
We originally started our plans to emigrate in 2005, but an opportunity for a great job in Edinburgh presented itself and we shelved the NZ idea with the plan on returning to it in three years. However, as much as we just love Edinburgh (and we really do) the job is just not working out here and with no other prospects in Edinburgh we are now bringing the NZ idea back to the fore.
We have just been selected from the Pool and are waiting for our ITA. It's now been two weeks and I am wondering do I just sit tight and wait for the ITA, or do I get proactive and start ordering police checks and arranging medicals to try and be more prepared when the ITA does arrive. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Also, does anyone know roughly how long we can expect to wait before receiving the EOI?
Lastly, just wanted to say that this is a great site and is proving to be very addictive
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:20 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from another new girl

hi from another Scot! We came over from Glasgow about 18 months ago now - same as you really - liked living in Scotland very much but just wanted a bit more to life!

welcome
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:41 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leighlou
We have just been selected from the Pool and are waiting for our ITA. It's now been two weeks and I am wondering do I just sit tight and wait for the ITA, or do I get proactive and start ordering police checks and arranging medicals to try and be more prepared when the ITA does arrive. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the site

IMHO I would (and did) order police checks and look into getting the meds done (valid for 3 months)

We were selected from the poo on Jan 31st and recieved our ITA on 9th March. We have all of our paperwork and police checks in order now just awaiting our meds on the 28th then off the ITA's goes. Its dead easy
Old Mar 14th 2007, 2:23 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site! Just jump right in.

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
We were selected from the poo on Jan 31st and recieved our ITA on 9th March.
I hope you're all cleaned up by now.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 2:28 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Welcome to the site! Just jump right in.

I hope you're all cleaned up by now.
Oh bugger

Anyway left you lot still in the poo
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:38 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Oh bugger

Anyway left you lot still in the poo
Untrue. Check out my sig, I spent less than 2 weeks in the poo.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:24 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

my dog did a poo this morning - is that the same as being in the poo????
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
my dog did a poo this morning - is that the same as being in the poo????
Its similar

Laura where's your blog gone?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:43 pm
UK, NZ and SA User

leaseuk is on a distinguished road

On a lovely non-poo note: Welcome Leighlou

I hope all goes well
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by leaseuk
On a lovely non-poo note: Welcome Leighlou

I hope all goes well
Thanks for the Non-Poo welcome! I'm sure that it will all go fine, but just a bit stale at the moment as we are waiting for that all important ITA!:curse:

Thanks to Jack for suggestion to go ahead and get police checks and medicals arranged etc before the ITA arrives. Definitely going ahead with this, just finding it a bit scary as this seems to make it seem all a bit more real!

How do you actually order your police checks by the way? Is it done on-line?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 6:35 am
UK, NZ and SA User

leaseuk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Leighlou
How do you actually order your police checks by the way? Is it done on-line?
Pop in or phone your local police station - they'll send you a form to fill in. It costs £10 (well in Buckinghamshire it does )
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leaseuk
Pop in or phone your local police station - they'll send you a form to fill in. It costs £10 (well in Buckinghamshire it does )
Thanks for this. Just sent our local police an e-mail.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the nut-house!

I see you have met some resident nutters already! (Jack & Maz) haha

Congratulations on your selection from the POO ( - thanks Jack) L and hope it's not too long a wait for your ITA to come through!

Michelle xx
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:42 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Leighlou

Thought I'd reply on your thread rather than hijack someone elses

Have a look at this

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...cationNZQA.doc

Gives you a head start on what to expect

HTH
Sarah
Old Mar 24th 2007, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hi Leighlou

Thought I'd reply on your thread rather than hijack someone elses

Have a look at this

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...cationNZQA.doc

Gives you a head start on what to expect

HTH
Sarah
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for this doc. - really v. helpful Much appreciated. Already planning our weekend now around digging out old employer contracts etc. (What the hell will we do with our lives when we no longer have the NZIS to impress hey? ).
Your v. kind, Leighlou.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.