Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hi to all new here

Hi to all new here

Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

heavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the rough
Talking Hi to all new here

hi all any advice anyone can give us would be great. I have just applied for a position as a Midwife in New Zealand in Palmerston North - North Island i have four children and am married husbands a joiner. well were do we begin rent/sell house... education ... my god the immigration forms ... I have an interview in June with NZ Midwives (they are coming here for conference) so many things .... do most people take their furniture with them ???? any advice much needed confused
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:28 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hi to all new here

Welcome, now take a deep breath (you're a midwife, you know about breathing, right?) and take it step by step and you'll be fine.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice
Smile Re: Hi to all new here

Originally Posted by heavenljm
hi all any advice anyone can give us would be great. I have just applied for a position as a Midwife in New Zealand in Palmerston North - North Island i have four children and am married husbands a joiner. well were do we begin rent/sell house... education ... my god the immigration forms ... I have an interview in June with NZ Midwives (they are coming here for conference) so many things .... do most people take their furniture with them ???? any advice much needed confused
Hi heavenljm

I'm a newbie too ! Been using this site about 2 weeks - got lots of info. everyone's friendly & helpful. Soon you'll feel you're not so alone

I'll warn you though - it's addictive

Love Alice xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome tot he little NZ forum.

So many questions eh

You'll get through those pesky forms , no worries. Just ask away.

Yes. Most folk tend to bring their worldly possessions, their pets and the kids with them

Get posting and see you on the main forum.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:07 pm
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

Hi,

We have been here about 9 weeks.

Our furniture arrived yesterday,my husband didnt want to bring any with us but i begged! He now agrees its the best thing we did.It now feels like home.The kids have their own stuff that they are familiar with and its helping them realise now this is home.We bought a few bits and bobs to get us going to start with until it arrived but to sit on MY sofas was the best feeling ever-sad i know.

Hope that helps.

Shop around for container prices they really do vary.

Vikki
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

heavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the rough

Hi all thanks for all the responses. Really good to read all the different ideas some that you dont think about.

Thank you all xxx
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

kira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by heavenljm
hi there
im also a newbie,lol there seems to be quiet a few of us, my hubby is a joiner 2 and i have just finished my diploma in psychology but with no experiance so trying to get some over here before moving to NZ. we are hoping to buy there so we dont have a morgage which makes life a little easier. im hoping to take some furniture even tho the hubby is saying it maybe cheaper to sell and buy there. a 20ft container is around £3000 so i believe but we arnt at that stage yet we are still doing background work and we have a seminar about emmergrating next weekend before we put the wheels in action.
the people are great on here and are really helpful and will answer your questions
schools are all different so i believe theres a great bit of info in the forum which ive jotted down. there is loads of questions to ask im only begining lol but reading through some forums is helpful too.
i wish you the best of luck in your interview and if i find anything that will help ill let you know.
take care
kira x