Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hi All, how excited am I

Hi All, how excited am I

Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:23 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hi All, how excited am I

Hi, just a quick hello. Currently living in Southampton England but really hoping to make the move to Wellington. I am 43, married to Tracy and have children aged 12 and 10.
What are we hoping for from a move. I guess it has to be the chance to change our lives completely is such a beautiful location.
Biggest thing we would miss after the family, has to be Leeds United. Although I hear The Phoenix are a tasty outfit
Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:53 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hi All, how excited am I

Originally Posted by wimpy
Biggest thing we would miss after the family, has to be Leeds United. Although I hear The Phoenix are a tasty outfit
Hi Wimpy,

You should know that soccer really is a minority sport here. However, there appears to be enough interest in the sport to probably keep your round ball addiction satisfied.

Welcome to the site.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:01 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Luckily I am a fan of egg chasing but not the Union variety
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:04 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Luckily I am a fan of egg chasing but not the Union variety
League is quite well supported here. The Warriors just finished a fine season this year finishing in the top four in the NRL. Sadly they were shown the exit by the North Queensland Cowboys.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, just a quick hello. Currently living in Southampton England but really hoping to make the move to Wellington. I am 43, married to Tracy and have children aged 12 and 10.
What are we hoping for from a move. I guess it has to be the chance to change our lives completely is such a beautiful location.
Hi & welcome. Wellington is a lovely place to live, very family orientated.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:16 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum
Do your research, ask your questions and go into this fantastic adventure with eyes wide open. It's great!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:59 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

You'll fit in well around here mate. We like to laugh at Leeds !!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

ellenp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wimpy,

Sounds like a (sort of) mass exudos from sunny Southampton then, as I'm also moving to Wellington from there later this year!

I know what you mean about missing the soccer game - managed to squeeze in watching one last game (I support the darkside from Hants - Pompey) over the w/e so all those goals against Reading will have to keep me going!! Will now have to invest in a rule book of egg chasing

Good luck with the move!!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

themoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant future

Hi Wimpy

We are also moving from Southampton in December. Off to Hamilton!!

Hubby supports saints, but from their form at the moment, I think he is quite glad leave it all behind and get a refund on the season ticket!!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:38 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

Nice to see I am not alone
Old Oct 4th 2007, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

themoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant future

We are going with children aged 8 (will be 9 by time we go) and 5. Are yours looking forward to it? I'm another Tracey too, such a common name!!

Preston was not a good result the other night, I think my son could play better than them, Steve's lost all hope!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

G'Day and welcome to this forum. Happy posting
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:24 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

Originally Posted by themoores
We are going with children aged 8 (will be 9 by time we go) and 5. Are yours looking forward to it? I'm another Tracey too, such a common name!!

Preston was not a good result the other night, I think my son could play better than them, Steve's lost all hope!

They are slowly getting used to it but to be honest we go away on holiday on wednesday for 2 weeks so have decided not to talk to them about it again till we come back as we want them totally focussed on the holiday.