Hi all,

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Gwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really nice
Default Hi all,

I've been browsing this site for a while, thought i'd better introduce myself before the questions start flooding.
I'm hoping to be emmigrating to New Zealand 2009, I'll a bit nervous but excited...don't know where I'll be living yet, I'm hoping to be coming over 2008 to travel around...

Last edited by Gwen.; Dec 23rd 2007 at 10:14 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all,

Originally Posted by Gwen. View Post
I've been browsing this site for a while, thought i'd better introduce myself before the questions start flooding.
Hello Gwen,

Kia Ora and welcome to the forum. Ask away any questions you have.

Have a great christmas...
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Gwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really nice

Hey thanks,

I've been reading some of the other sites within the forum and there seems to be mixed emotions from people who have moved over there...are most expats happy and settled?
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:29 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks,

I've been reading some of the other sites within the forum and there seems to be mixed emotions from people who have moved over there...are most expats happy and settled?
That's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, and I think a lot of people on this forum have been getting a bit tired of being told how wonderful Aussie is. Blech. Personally I have zero desire to ever step foot in the place, but that's just me.

Anyway, I love it here. We are most definitely living our dream.

Ask away with any questions! Question for you - what draws you to New Zealand? Would you be applying under the points system for PR, or a WTR visa? *

* Sorry, PR = Permanent Residence and WTR = Work To Residence
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:38 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.
Happy Posting

are most expats happy and settled?
Who knows. How long is a piece of string?
If you look across all the BE boards, you'll see a right mixed bag of views, feelings and emotions .

Each person can only give their own personal viewpoint but only you will know if a country feels right for you, once you have lived in it for a while.

For me, some days I am happy ,settled & it is a great place to live. Some days , less so. Some days, I would like to leave & try somewhere else & sometimes I am homesick for my family in the UK & wish to be there.
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi Maz, thanks for that...I feel the same re Oz, I've a few mates that have moved over there in recent years...more recently a mate went over to Perth in July and loves it...but Oz does not appeal to me and never has.

I've recently applied to the Police...they're recruiting from England at the moment and i'm through the first stage of the selection. If I’m successful with a job offer I start the process with immigration.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 2:09 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I've recently applied to the Police...they're recruiting from England at the moment and i'm through the first stage of the selection. If I’m successful with a job offer I start the process with immigration.
You had better get fit. I've read that that meeting the fitness requirements are one of the biggest hurdles to get over in getting through the police course.

Good luck.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks happynz,

I'm not to unfit thankfully so long as their not expecting an athlete! If i pass the IQ test I'm expecting the fitness and interview to be sometime in March.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:47 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Gwen, happy posting Have some karma to start you off
Karen