Hi

Old May 29th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all
Default Hi

Hi all,
We are planning to move to NZ but are in the same dilemma as many I suppose .... we need to sell our house before we can move. We could rent it but I really do not want to, we just need to get rid of it to before we can go.
Everything is telling us we must go ... the list is very long .
We applied for PR in Sept 08 and got it within 10 days, we were amazed that it all happend so quickly. We had the house up for sale but no interest and the clock was ticking as I only had 12 months from getting the blue stickers to get out to NZ and start my job. I came across a forum article by chance and contacted immigration to let them know our dilemma. I had a phone interview with them last October and they decided they would remove the restriction on my visa so all we needed to do was to take a trip to NZ to activate the visas which gave us 2 years to return.
Our luck has been incredible with the visas but to date not so good with selling the house. I know the 19months we have left on the RRV will rush by and at the same time a buyer could walk through the house next week and we could be on our way quickly. I just suppose it's the not knowing thats a pain. Well thats our story which I am sure is simmilar to many, I have my fingers permenantly crossed and look forward to the day when I can book our next flights out to NZ to start our new life
Old May 29th 2010, 10:16 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Originally Posted by annabel1
Hi all,
We are planning to move to NZ but are in the same dilemma as many I suppose .... we need to sell our house before we can move. We could rent it but I really do not want to, we just need to get rid of it to before we can go.
Everything is telling us we must go ... the list is very long .
We applied for PR in Sept 08 and got it within 10 days, we were amazed that it all happend so quickly. We had the house up for sale but no interest and the clock was ticking as I only had 12 months from getting the blue stickers to get out to NZ and start my job. I came across a forum article by chance and contacted immigration to let them know our dilemma. I had a phone interview with them last October and they decided they would remove the restriction on my visa so all we needed to do was to take a trip to NZ to activate the visas which gave us 2 years to return.
Our luck has been incredible with the visas but to date not so good with selling the house. I know the 19months we have left on the RRV will rush by and at the same time a buyer could walk through the house next week and we could be on our way quickly. I just suppose it's the not knowing thats a pain. Well thats our story which I am sure is simmilar to many, I have my fingers permenantly crossed and look forward to the day when I can book our next flights out to NZ to start our new life
Hi & welcome to BE, hope you get a sale soon, good luck with your plans!!
B x
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:45 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome to the site Great news re visa I was starting to get worried myself as I thought we had given it plenty of time to sell house before my date to get to NZ. At one stage the sale was on then off and then all back on again . Thankfully we have now exchanged & hope to be on our way in August. Hang in there it is a rollercoaster of a ride but it only take that one person to walk in and want your house.
As long as you are realistic about the price and keep on the estate agents back you should get that sale.

Best of luck to you

Dewb
Old Jun 6th 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Hi, thanks for the reply,
It sure is a rollercoaster ! I am keeping everything crossed that we sell this year so we can move on from limbo land ! feels like we've been there forever !
I am trying to keep positive and I suppose deep down I know the house WILL sell, I just want a crystal ball to tell me when ........ still looking for one though
All the best with your move in August x
Old Jun 6th 2010, 5:16 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annabel1
Hi, thanks for the reply,
It sure is a rollercoaster ! I am keeping everything crossed that we sell this year so we can move on from limbo land ! feels like we've been there forever !
I am trying to keep positive and I suppose deep down I know the house WILL sell, I just want a crystal ball to tell me when ........ still looking for one though
All the best with your move in August x
yeah the limbo land stage is horrid. Feels like I have been living that forever. Now we have finally moved to the next stage I am a nervous wreak with all the what ifs & hows

If you ever find that ball let me know

Dewb
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Hi

At long last I think we are starting to move forward on the house front ! ! Recieved an offer of our meagre asking price ...... but really not grumbling if it frees us from the UK .... now the wait begins to confirm their funds ! ! ! ! we have everything crossed .... after roughly 5 years and many drama's and heart stopping moments we may get to NZ before the visa runs out

If anyone watched wanted down under (series 3, episode 5) they may have some idea of the challenges that have ensued over the last couple of years ! ! I am sure it helped their ratings a little

PS. still havn't found that bat !
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dewb,
Decided I needed a bat ... just in case I ever found that ball, it would serve it right for evading me !

Hope all is going well and stress levels are not to high

Annabel
Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:20 am
Scorchy legs

Hi cant believe I am on the last leg of the journey now
House packed up on a container & has left port. Last weekend in the UK then we fly MOnday evening

How is the house sale going for you?
Dewb

Any news on that ball ?

Last edited by Dewb09; Aug 7th 2010 at 7:22 am.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Hi cant believe I am on the last leg of the journey now
House packed up on a container & has left port. Last weekend in the UK then we fly MOnday evening

How is the house sale going for you?
Dewb

Any news on that ball ?
Very best wishes for a stress-free trip on Monday

Look forward to reading how you get on in NZ. Leaving the land of the long, long grey cloud, for the land of the fluffy white one!

Am I jealous, stuck here in Essex. . . . . .you bet!

Cheers!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
Oh how exciting, you should make the most of the UK weather over your last weekend ........ get your wellies on, coat and umbrella up and sit on a deck chair on a beach amongst the fag butts, beer bottles etc .... ha ha ha ..

Best wishes and hope all goes smoothly.

I did see someone a couple of weeks ago who apparently has access to the elusive crystal ball who seems to think we will be signing Sept/Oct so I will let you know if they get it right ! let's hope so, I don't want to be so old that I can't kitesurf anymore when I get out there !

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy