Hi

Old May 3rd 2010, 2:30 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

Hi I'm known here as woodpigeon, I've lived in the SI of NZ for over 7 years with my hubby and three kids, and often wonder why we're still here (we came out for a one year experience in 2003) - then I look out of the window of our large house (built to our spec), across our 1.5 acre section to some of the most amazing scenery in the world, and kind of remember!
Old May 4th 2010, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Nice
Good for you...sounds blinking marvellous!
Old May 5th 2010, 6:23 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a good enough reason to still be there!!!

Sounds perfect, we are looking forward to starting our new life... plan on travelling the SI when we arrive, any tips of places we should visit?
Old May 6th 2010, 3:23 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
Thats a good enough reason to still be there!!!

Sounds perfect, we are looking forward to starting our new life... plan on travelling the SI when we arrive, any tips of places we should visit?
Gosh, where to start?! Depends on what you like to do and your budget I guess. Over the past 7 years we've visited most of the main attraction areas. Number 1 experience for me has to be walking on Fox Glacier, with swimming with dolphins in the open sea off Kaikora a very close 2nd.

Hanmer Springs is nice for a relaxing weekend, and if you visit Nelson be sure to pop out to the boutique fishing settlement of Mapua for a coffee or ice cream on the wharf.

Anywhere in Central is great for scenery, just be prepared for crowds as well!

IMO the glow worm caves at Te Anau are better than the ones at Waitomo.

The Catlins is (are?) a good place to visit for native bush and waterfalls - though again some can get rather crowded.

Hope that gives you some starting point ideas
Old May 7th 2010, 5:59 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Hi I'm known here as woodpigeon, I've lived in the SI of NZ for over 7 years with my hubby and three kids, and often wonder why we're still here (we came out for a one year experience in 2003) - then I look out of the window of our large house (built to our spec), across our 1.5 acre section to some of the most amazing scenery in the world, and kind of remember!
Hi & welcome to you

Sounds like a fantastic reason to stay put

Dewb
Old May 8th 2010, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Hello & Welcome.