Hi

Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

jowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nice
Smile Hi

Hi, just wanted to say hello. Me and my husband are loking at the possibility of moving out of the UK, I've just stumbled accross this site and thinking it looks like a good place to start asking a few q's .

Joanne
Old Dec 31st 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hi

Hello there - yes it's a wonderful site. Have you visited NZ before? What are your plans?

Welcome
Alison
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Hi!! Welcome to our little world. You will find everyone so friendly and helpful on here. Don't be afraid to ask any questions as someone will be able to advise you!! Happy New Year to you both

Originally Posted by jowan
Hi, just wanted to say hello. Me and my husband are loking at the possibility of moving out of the UK, I've just stumbled accross this site and thinking it looks like a good place to start asking a few q's .

Joanne
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

jowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nicejowan is just really nice

Not really got any plans at the moment. It's a thought that we have had for a while but never really known where to start looking so have put it off so here we are starting to do some serious investigating.

Almost forgot no we haven't visited, have heard and seen so many good things though.

Any help/advice is seriously welcome

Thanks Joanne
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Hi Joanne and hubby
We are in the process of applying so are a little further along the line, but my advice is, life's too short so go for it. Go and visit and I'm pretty sure you will want to emigrate. We're heading for Christchurch in the south island, I'm a teacher and OH computer porgrammer. What do you both do?
Happy New Year by the way!
Emma
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

We have a 2 yr old so we are certain we would like to try and move. My husband works with a rail company updating various information (official heading - information controller). I'm a nursery nurse, but have also done office work. Not sure if we'll have much success but we're going to give it a go, no harm in trying and I think we would seriously regret not trying.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to the New Zealand part of the British Expat website.
You've stumbled onto a great site for investigating living in other parts of the world other than the U.K.

Have some karma to get you started.

We live at the top of the South Island. Lovely med. like weather. Safe, clean and simply beautiful.

My husband is a plumber & I work part-time at whatever takes my fancy.

New Zealand is a lovely place to live.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:35 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joanne,

Welcome to BE! *waves* Have some welcome karma, and do ask all the questions you want in the main forum about where to live, etc.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:37 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome!! I'd recommend that you put the money aside and make a visit before you decide - have a look around, go to some job interviews and get a feel for the place, houses, schools etc and where you'd like to live, it certainly is a country of contrasts. At the very least you'll have a fantastic holiday out of it.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:46 am
Just Joined

birkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nice

Hi Joanne, we have been here just about 8 months and are loving it.

My advice would be to go to a immigration seminar if your close enough to the areas they tend to have them.

I had never been to nz prior to moving out but i tell you something there is now way i am going back to the uk.

If there is anything you need help with you can send me a private message and i'll be only too happy to help and give you advise.

Lisa
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:51 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jowan

Joanne
Hi and welcome to the forum
Make yourself at home and ask all the questions you like - can't guarantee sensible answers but mostly the folks here are very supportive and will help if we can.
Karen
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks for a replies,

Now to start the questions off, wandering how you go about getting a job? Do you have to get a job before you get a visa? How do you sort interviews etc?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by birkinshaw
Hi Joanne, we have been here just about 8 months and are loving it.

My advice would be to go to a immigration seminar if your close enough to the areas they tend to have them.

I had never been to nz prior to moving out but i tell you something there is now way i am going back to the uk.

If there is anything you need help with you can send me a private message and i'll be only too happy to help and give you advise.

Lisa
Just wandering about the immigration seminar, how do we find out about them?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:29 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

You could give Expo 08 a try. London's is on 5/6 April and Leeds 12/13 April. £15 on the door

http://www.expo-newzealand.com
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nerine
You could give Expo 08 a try. London's is on 5/6 April and Leeds 12/13 April. £15 on the door

http://www.expo-newzealand.com
Thanks for that, we're about an hr away from Leeds so may have to have a trip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.