Hi

Old Jun 12th 2007, 3:28 am
Just Joined

groucho is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi

Hi everyone! New to this site but having read so many comments which have been so useful,thought it best to join. I'm Julie married to Steve have 3 kids. Living in Auckland OH is a nurse me too but not yet working.Have only been here 3 months.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

JoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hi

Hi Julie

Welcome to the board I've only just joined myself. How are you finding life in Auckland?

Jo
Old Jun 12th 2007, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JoandDean
Hi Julie

Welcome to the board I've only just joined myself. How are you finding life in Auckland?

Jo
Hi Jo, Auckland is a lovely city but we are finding it too expensive to live here and planning on moving to the south island asap! The beaches are great and so many of them. But you really need to be earning a great deal to afford the life style.
Old Jun 12th 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

JoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura aboutJoandDean has a spectacular aura about

Hiya

Have you been to the South Island before? We are moving to Hamilton not sure how expensive it will be to live there hopefully not as bad as Auckland.

Jo
Old Jun 12th 2007, 12:19 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Have you been to the South Island before? We are moving to Hamilton not sure how expensive it will be to live there hopefully not as bad as Auckland.

Jo
I want everyone to move to Hamilton now!
OK, there are no beaches here and apparently all Kiwis wonder why people want to move here
Have a look (if you like) at a recent blog entry of mine: tells you how WE have have found it here. I can honestly say we have loved the last 8 months here. It may not be the dream of wall to wall beaches but for us it has fulfilled our every expectation. I enjoy my work, my husband enjoys his new found career as a probation offcer. Although we are zoned for one of the lower decile schools (6 I think), we feel our 11year-old daughter is receiving a good education and more importantly, is learning how the real world is. I can't help but feel that single-sex schools do not fit our children to live in the real world. I know full well that statement will lead to strife but that is my take on the matter.
We live adjacent to a poor decile area but apart from once in 6 months having hoons doing one handbrake turn in our cul-de-sac, we have never encountered any problems.
WE LOVE IT HERE!
PM me if I can help at all!
Karen B
Old Jun 12th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karonious
I want everyone to move to Hamilton now!
OK, there are no beaches here and apparently all Kiwis wonder why people want to move here
Have a look (if you like) at a recent blog entry of mine: tells you how WE have have found it here. I can honestly say we have loved the last 8 months here. It may not be the dream of wall to wall beaches but for us it has fulfilled our every expectation. I enjoy my work, my husband enjoys his new found career as a probation offcer. Although we are zoned for one of the lower decile schools (6 I think), we feel our 11year-old daughter is receiving a good education and more importantly, is learning how the real world is. I can't help but feel that single-sex schools do not fit our children to live in the real world. I know full well that statement will lead to strife but that is my take on the matter.
We live adjacent to a poor decile area but apart from once in 6 months having hoons doing one handbrake turn in our cul-de-sac, we have never encountered any problems.
WE LOVE IT HERE!
PM me if I can help at all!
Karen B
Hiya

Have read your blog re Hamilton. It sounds great just want we are after. We want to live in an area with all amenities but don't want city living and even though Hamilton is a city it sounds more like a big town.

Not too bothered about being near beach, we will be nearer to one than what we are in the UK! Husband's job is in Pukete in Hamilton, wherever that is lol!!!

Jo
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Hiya

Jo
No we haven't visited the south island but have heard how much cheaper it is to live there. Hopefully we will arrange a viewing soon.We have had a quick look at Hamilton though and that looks nice, but too far away from the beach for our family.
Hope your move goes smoothly to Hamilton.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by groucho
No we haven't visited the south island but have heard how much cheaper it is to live there. Hopefully we will arrange a viewing soon.We have had a quick look at Hamilton though and that looks nice, but too far away from the beach for our family.
Hope your move goes smoothly to Hamilton.
Thanks for that

I've seen load of pics of the South Island and things on TV always seem to be about the South Island it looks beautiful. I'm sure you will find somewhere really nice to live