hi

Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

hellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi

Hi, Id like to introduce ourselfs, our names are Helen and Andy. Im a staff nurse, andy a self employed motor engineer. We have 3 children aged between 5 and 3 weeks and are currently seriously contemplating moving to new zealand, probably the north Island and are open to any suggestions or advice. We are hoping to visit for about a month at the end of this year to have a look around, re areas, housing, schools, jobs and again any advice, info about where to go, how to do it, etc would be more than appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:21 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi

Hi Hellen

Welcome to the forum - hope you find it as useful as we do.

Lost of people to help answer your questions so just ask away

Georgina & Andy
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hellen
Hi, Id like to introduce ourselfs, our names are Helen and Andy. Im a staff nurse, andy a self employed motor engineer. We have 3 children aged between 5 and 3 weeks and are currently seriously contemplating moving to new zealand, probably the north Island and are open to any suggestions or advice. We are hoping to visit for about a month at the end of this year to have a look around, re areas, housing, schools, jobs and again any advice, info about where to go, how to do it, etc would be more than appreciated.
Thanks
welcome, you may like to note that you need a certificate of insanity to be part of this site

theres loads of nurses here so plenty of help.
our resident mental nurse can be found in the kiwi bar , need i say more!!
ask away with your questions we're quite friendly (& mad)
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:26 pm
mad mother

mandy s is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I moved to north island and then south!

Hi helen, I have only just joined this site and wanted to so I could offer my thoughts to people exactly like you and help them avoid the pitfalls we had. I moved here with my kiwi husband 2.5 years ago and moved to the north island for the weather however we found it a whole different place to the south island which is where my husband is from and where I live now. We moved everything and came with our two kids who were 2 and 5 at the time.
the north island is quite culturaly different to the south and I have to say that although the weather is WAY! better there I find the soiuth island a lot friendlier, more relaxed, more honest (there are some real dishonest kiwis in the north) and to be honest a little bit like the good people from home!
Obviously there are huge exceptions to this and we did meet some lovely people in the north but we got ripped off a lot when we arrived and lost a lot of our hard earned british money!
All i am trying to get across is that new zealand almost feels like two different countries and whilst I LOVE it here it I would really consider seriously what you want out of coming here and seriously bear what I am saying in mind!
If I can be of any more help let me know!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:36 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
welcome, you may like to note that you need a certificate of insanity to be part of this site

theres loads of nurses here so plenty of help.
our resident mental nurse can be found in the kiwi bar , need i say more!!
ask away with your questions we're quite friendly (& mad)

Speak for yourself woman!!!

Myself, I'm a chicken !!!!

Welcome Hellen

Poppets is right ( she isthe fountain of wisdom that is BE!!) life will never be the same now you've found us!!!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

hellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: hi

Thanks for all your replies, Am hoping to visit this year sometime. Any suggestions of wheres best to visit/live?