Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

unit5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hgv class 1

hi all
im trying to find out if a HGV class 1 licence is valid in NZ many thanks
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Deepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really nice
Default Re: hgv class 1

Originally Posted by unit5
hi all
im trying to find out if a HGV class 1 licence is valid in NZ many thanks
Hi

What ever you have on your UK licence is valid in NZ but to work as a HGV driver I think you will need to transfere to a NZ licence. To transfere a car or motorcycle you just go to the AA office have an eye test pays your money and off you go. To get a HGV class 1 licence ( Class 5 in NZ) you need to have a medical as well, I also think that you have to do the theory test but i'm not 100% on that. As I am not working as a driver i have not transfered my uk class 1 licence to a NZ yet.

Kind regards

Mark
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I did the medical yesterday it,s 2 mins and 65 bux just an eye test really then u take that to the AA pay then some money and they give u a temp licence on the spot, but u can use ur UK one for 12 months anyway

Neil
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Deepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
I did the medical yesterday it,s 2 mins and 65 bux just an eye test really then u take that to the AA pay then some money and they give u a temp licence on the spot, but u can use ur UK one for 12 months anyway

Neil
Hello Neil

So no theory test then?
I have had conflicting info on this

kind regards

Mark
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deepseamark
Hello Neil

So no theory test then?
I have had conflicting info on this

kind regards

Mark
hi yes you do have to do a theory,
go to any book shop and you can buy a book on the high way code about $30
once you have read it (car and hgv are together ) go to mthe aa book test should be able to do same day have an eye test 40min theory the in three weeks they will send you your licence
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

To just drive a car, you don't have to do the theory test anymore. I know as I did the theory test a month or so before the law changed duhhh.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by luvwelly
To just drive a car, you don't have to do the theory test anymore. I know as I did the theory test a month or so before the law changed duhhh.
yes thats right for a car only , but he wanted hgv duhhh???