Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:27 am
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Originally Posted by Michelle Rockey
Hi Kym,

We are moving to Rotorua Bay of Plenty at the beginning of July my son 16 yrs 6 months feeling pretty much the same as you are at leaving everyone including his Dad behind, after much persuasion he has agreed to give it six months (fingers crossed he'll love it because I will be gutted if he wants to come home!) I know it is a frightening prospect, just as much for us as it is for him and we absolutely wouldn't be taking this step if we didn't believe we are going to have a better life, we have a little one's future to think about as well. Your parents will have given this opportunity a great deal of thought and I am sure they wouldn't have decided to go if they didn't think it would benefit you 100% in the long run even though in the short term you may not feel so. It's a fantastic opportunity to travel and experience new things and meet new people and it will give you a completely different perspective and help you grow as a person, even if you end up coming home eventually, which I'm sure you won't you will look back on it as a positive! He is on MSN [email protected]

My 15 yrold daughter is the same. We hope if house sells ok etc to be going in sept/oct
She turns 16 in december,as we are going over as tourists i have explained to her that she can come back as we will have return tickets,if she absolutely hates it. Though will die if she does
I just wish we had done this a whole lot sooner as my 18 yrold sons staying behind,but cant force him either.Just hoping he will follow later.
Ive tried explaining to my daughter, picture it as a big adventure and all i get is .
Just have to make it really good for her when we get there.
Like yourself we have a younger one too that we know will benefit from moving to N.Z.
He,s 5 and his fav toy is the playstation .
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kym
Hey everyone. Just wanted to have a chat about what its really like to live in new zealand. Im a 17 year old girl and my family are moving over by christmas. Anything i should know before i leave. Because im leaving quite blind really. Thanks xx
Hi Kym
My wife and I are in the Bay of Plenty. You will love it here. We've been here for over a year and there is so much to do.
If you need any advice then dont hesitate to let me know. I am sure we will be able to help you out

Paul & Carolyn
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:56 am
Kym
Forum Regular

Kym will become famous soon enoughKym will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Originally Posted by PaulGent
Hi Kym
My wife and I are in the Bay of Plenty. You will love it here. We've been here for over a year and there is so much to do.
If you need any advice then dont hesitate to let me know. I am sure we will be able to help you out

Paul & Carolyn
Oh wow, haven't really had many replies from people actually over there. How is it? The thing i like the most about moving out of england and to New zealand is that it looks as though the houses sren't all on top of eachother. You have your space between the house next door and you. I love the country rather than the city so is Bay of plenty the best place to be? xx Thanks xx
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulGent
Hi Kym

Paul & Carolyn
To everyone with a comment or two..........thank you sooooooo very much for chatting to my little girl.
This site is also making it easier for us, as her parents, to understand what she is going through without having to sit her down and sound her out. Not the best thing to do to a young women believe me.

I would just like to clarify that we are VERY VERY proud of her for taking such a big leap. We are thinking of ALL our children.

Kym........your my star.

Nici ( MUM ) ( Kato33 )
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kato33
To everyone with a comment or two..........thank you sooooooo very much for chatting to my little girl.
This site is also making it easier for us, as her parents, to understand what she is going through without having to sit her down and sound her out. Not the best thing to do to a young women believe me.

I would just like to clarify that we are VERY VERY proud of her for taking such a big leap. We are thinking of ALL our children.

Kym........your my star.

Nici ( MUM ) ( Kato33 )
Nice one Nici.
Its sounds like you are all going to do just fine as a family and everything will work out for the best.
My eldest is 6 and somethimes I think its better when they are young to do it but she will be distraught when she realises that she wont be able to see her grand parents for a very long time, if ever again. Its very hard for the ones going and the ones staying but what I always remind myself is that its better to have tried then to not have tried at all and regretted it.
I'm sure it will be cool.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kym
Oh wow, haven't really had many replies from people actually over there. How is it? The thing i like the most about moving out of england and to New zealand is that it looks as though the houses sren't all on top of eachother. You have your space between the house next door and you. I love the country rather than the city so is Bay of plenty the best place to be? xx Thanks xx
Hi Kym

Theres certainly plenty going on out here. Loads of beach and outdoors stuff through the summer. In winter its only a few hours to the national park for skiing too.
The city is busy the whole year round because of the port so there is a good amount of people about all year.

We absolutely love it here and I am sure you will too. Our 19 year old daughter came out for the 1st 10 months we were here and she loved it. She is back in uk now doing her uni but will be out here again in June for the skiing.

Let me know if you need to know anything and I will try to find out for you.

Paul & carolyn
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Hi Kym

Can't anything new to what has already been said, but just wanted to say that Kato33 obviously has lots of reasons to be proud of you!

Hopefully you and the other teenagers on this forum can give each other lots of moral support.

I'm sure the move will be worth it in the end. Chin up.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:39 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kym
I am so jealous! You are going to love the BOP! We were in Tauranga in March and it's great. Really nice atmosphere, loads and loads for young adults like you to do. Unfortunately, we can't get the jobs we need there but are moving to Christchurch in 4 weeks time and can't wait although it's chaos here trying to get it all sorted. I think it's your sis who's emailed my daughter, and Michaela WILL reply!! she's just been real busy right now.
Everyone we met in NZ was so easy to talk to and so friendly, I don't think you'll have any problems at all making tons of new friends and there's so many different things you can do. NZ kids and young adults seem very confident and outgoing and lots leave NZ after uni to go travelling and work abroad. I can see why you'd find it so hard to leave the UK but you really can have the best of both worlds! I'm not 100% sure but I think you can drive in NZ from age 15 so funds allowing you should be able to get yourself around, it's a beautiful place, and you might also end up in a year or two with some good mates to go travelling the world with, or even come back to the UK as lots head here cos they think it's great . But you do have to give yourself time to get used to a new life in NZ. We have 2 children 12 and 11. We have all agreed that no matter what we will give it 2 years before we decide whether it's right for all of us. We think 2 years is giving it a fair crack and if anyone gets homesick we can always come back for a holiday. We have got all family in UK set up with webcams so hopefully we can see each other and chat to alleviate any homesickness. Our kids will also be leaving their natural dad here but they haven't seen or heard from him in the last 3 years. I should imagine they would want to seek him out at some stage in the future and we'll help them if and when that happens but in the meantime we're all going to try and enjoy our adventure.
I hope it all works out ok for you
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Hi Kym

Jay has come home today so ive given him your MSN address and he has added you if you want to talk.

Take Care Steph x
Old Apr 26th 2007, 10:04 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kym
If you love the country, you'll be in your element - the whole of NZ is 'the country'!
Old Apr 26th 2007, 10:41 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kym
You have your space between the house next door and you. I love the country rather than the city so is Bay of plenty the best place to be? xx Thanks xx
This can't be said enough. If you love the countryside then 99.999% of New Zealand will be ok for you.

Any particular type of countryside? I more of a mountains person, myself.