Reload this Page >

Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:26 am
Kym
Forum Regular

Kym will become famous soon enoughKym will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Hey everyone. Just wanted to have a chat about what its really like to live in new zealand. Im a 17 year old girl and my family are moving over by christmas. Anything i should know before i leave. Because im leaving quite blind really. Thanks xx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:29 am
Kym
Forum Regular

Default Re: Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Originally Posted by Kym
Hey everyone. Just wanted to have a chat about what its really like to live in new zealand. Im a 17 year old girl and my family are moving over by christmas. Anything i should know before i leave. Because im leaving quite blind really. Thanks xx
Please reply to my message. Nice to talk to you all x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:31 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

just wanted to say Hi & welcome to the site where abouts are you & your family heading to in NZ? not over there myself yet but plenty of folk on here are so fire away !
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:34 am
Kym
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ceri75
just wanted to say Hi & welcome to the site where abouts are you & your family heading to in NZ? not over there myself yet but plenty of folk on here are so fire away !
Hiya, thanks for writing to me so quickly. Bay of plenty i think. Mums idea to move and so ive got caught up in ti all and im just really scared, as my real dad lives here in England. Jus wanted to know what its really like i guess. thanks again x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Kym

I have 4 daughters aged 6, 13, 15 (twins) and we lived in NZ for 2 years.

Some people love NZ whilst others (Me!) detest the place. One of the many reasons which decided our move back to the UK was the lack of decent jobs for young people. We just didn't like the idea of our kids having to move to Oz or back to Europe just to land a well paid and structured career.

If you have any worries talk them over with your parents. Try to be positive and look at the move as a once in a lifetime adventure.

What area are you going to be living in?

Burt
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:38 am
Kym
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Burt Badger
Kym

I have 4 daughters aged 6, 13, 15 (twins) and we lived in NZ for 2 years.

Some people love NZ whilst others (Me!) detest the place. One of the many reasons which decided our move back to the UK was the lack of decent jobs for young people. We just didn't like the idea of our kids having to move to Oz or back to Europe just to land a well paid and structured career.

If you have any worries talk them over with your parents. Try to be positive and look at the move as a once in a lifetime adventure.

What area are you going to be living in?

Burt
Bay of plenty i think we're going. I dont even really know what they're doing. My real dad lives here and so i pretend like its not going to happen. Guess it hurts too much as i only met my dad after 16 years, just bfore christmas and now im leaving him for good. I dont feel i can talk to my parents as they just really want to go and i dont feel they want to hear of my doubts. Thank you for replying. Hope all goes well for you x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kym
Hiya, thanks for writing to me so quickly. Bay of plenty i think. Mums idea to move and so ive got caught up in ti all and im just really scared, as my real dad lives here in England. Jus wanted to know what its really like i guess. thanks again x
You'll be alright girl.

Wait till you see all the sheep.

Mummy
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:46 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

BOP looks stunning, fantastic beaches, lots of surfers your bound to be feeling down & it'll seem like its your parents move & not yours, have you tried talking with them about your worries? what are theyre reasons for moving ? with the tinternet & skype oyu'll have no probs contacting everyone back home & i'm sure youve already got heaps of friends who are lining up to come over for a holiday once your settled
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:50 am
Kym
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ceri75
BOP looks stunning, fantastic beaches, lots of surfers your bound to be feeling down & it'll seem like its your parents move & not yours, have you tried talking with them about your worries? what are theyre reasons for moving ? with the tinternet & skype oyu'll have no probs contacting everyone back home & i'm sure youve already got heaps of friends who are lining up to come over for a holiday once your settled
Thanks. I have talked to them. They understand but i still feel stuck. I know i can stay in contact with people back home but i dont feel it will be the same. I can really understand why mum is moving. It seems a so much better lifestyle over there than here in the uk. I have had a look at the houses and i realise how beautiful it is and as much as i hate this country, it still contains the people i love although i know i could never leave my mum. Lol. And yes got lots of friends that have said they'd holiday over there with me. But i dont want me to leave and them to forget me. I think its an age thing. Guess i will meet plenty of new friends. Thanks. You've helped x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kym
Thanks. I have talked to them. They understand but i still feel stuck. I know i can stay in contact with people back home but i dont feel it will be the same. I can really understand why mum is moving. It seems a so much better lifestyle over there than here in the uk. I have had a look at the houses and i realise how beautiful it is and as much as i hate this country, it still contains the people i love although i know i could never leave my mum. Lol. And yes got lots of friends that have said they'd holiday over there with me. But i dont want me to leave and them to forget me. I think its an age thing. Guess i will meet plenty of new friends. Thanks. You've helped x
Hi Kym,

My eldest daughter is only 6 but if she grows up to be like you sound, I would be very proud of her. I hope your mum is proud of you because she should be. You should tell her how you feel, even though you may not want it to change her decision but it will make you feel better. For someone of your age to go to another country to live is probably the most difficult age, but I'm sure deep down you know you can do it and everything will work out.
Its not much consolation but many of us here are willing to listen to any problems you wanna get off your chest so to speak,so if you dont mind us lot talking a load of rubbish then fire away.
Feel free to PM me, I'm a good listener, but I do talk a load twaddle most of the time.

All the best

Karen
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
Hi Kym,

My eldest daughter is only 6 but if she grows up to be like you sound, I would be very proud of her. I hope your mum is proud of you because she should be. You should tell her how you feel, even though you may not want it to change her decision but it will make you feel better. For someone of your age to go to another country to live is probably the most difficult age, but I'm sure deep down you know you can do it and everything will work out.
Its not much consolation but many of us here are willing to listen to any problems you wanna get off your chest so to speak,so if you dont mind us lot talking a load of rubbish then fire away.
Feel free to PM me, I'm a good listener, but I do talk a load twaddle most of the time.

All the best

Karen
Thank you for such wonderful words to my daughter.

We are very proud of her and know it must be hard but we also know that she understands that its for the best for ALL the children (we have 4).

Cheers to anyone who gives her advice. Good or bad views.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:49 pm
Kym
Forum Regular

Hi Kym,

All the best

Karen
Wow, thank you so very much. That was very touching. actually brought tears to my eyes lol. I do accept that i will end up there anyway so i guess im understanding that i have to let go of life over here. Although im finding myself trying to make people like me less, like my boyfriend and my friends, so that its not too hard to leave. Its stupid i know and somehow i dont even realise im doing it. Thank you for being willing to listen to me. Funnily i find it easier to talk to strangers about how i feel. Find it very hard to explain to any of my family and friends and to be honest i have started to feel a little lonely although i realise i have a lot of people to help me through it. Its a big step and i just hope i can meet some people through here that would maybe help a little more with the BIG move xx Thanks once again xxx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kym
Wow, thank you so very much. That was very touching. actually brought tears to my eyes lol. I do accept that i will end up there anyway so i guess im understanding that i have to let go of life over here. Although im finding myself trying to make people like me less, like my boyfriend and my friends, so that its not too hard to leave. Its stupid i know and somehow i dont even realise im doing it. Thank you for being willing to listen to me. Funnily i find it easier to talk to strangers about how i feel. Find it very hard to explain to any of my family and friends and to be honest i have started to feel a little lonely although i realise i have a lot of people to help me through it. Its a big step and i just hope i can meet some people through here that would maybe help a little more with the BIG move xx Thanks once again xxx
If anyone on here can give you reassurance or advice to make you feel better then I'm sure they will.
Also remember, the people on here are either going through the move or have already done so, so what a better place to vent your feelings. Although you may have lots of friends, in reality, they may miss you when you have gone but its you thats going through the experience.
Its a bit like (excuse the comparison) when theres a death in the family. For the family, they live with it and think about it constantly for a while, but for others that just knew the person, they are sorry for the loss but their life hasnt changed and the person who has died is like a passing thought to them.They may think about it now and again but the person was not part of their life.
So again, you are experiencing this big move and change in your life, your friends are sorry that you are going but thier lives will carry on as they have been. Thats not to say they wont miss you though, but it is you who it is happening to.
My point is, you can take comfort from those who are experiencing the same as you right now....thats us
I tell my daughter daily how she makes me proud. When I was growing up I never had that. She knows she can come to me about anything, good or bad and I will never judge her. She is so sensitive that she worries about the silliest things but to her they are a big deal, so anything no matter how trivial it may seem, let it all out girl.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:07 pm
Kym
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

If anyone on here can give you reassurance or advice to make you feel better then I'm sure they will.
Also remember, the people on here are either going through the move or have already done so, so what a better place to vent your feelings. Although you may have lots of friends, in reality, they may miss you when you have gone but its you thats going through the experience.
Its a bit like (excuse the comparison) when theres a death in the family. For the family, they live with it and think about it constantly for a while, but for others that just knew the person, they are sorry for the loss but their life hasnt changed and the person who has died is like a passing thought to them.They may think about it now and again but the person was not part of their life.
So again, you are experiencing this big move and change in your life, your friends are sorry that you are going but thier lives will carry on as they have been. Thats not to say they wont miss you though, but it is you who it is happening to.
My point is, you can take comfort from those who are experiencing the same as you right now....thats us
I tell my daughter daily how she makes me proud. When I was growing up I never had that. She knows she can come to me about anything, good or bad and I will never judge her. She is so sensitive that she worries about the silliest things but to her they are a big deal, so anything no matter how trivial it may seem, let it all out girl.
You seem to be a very proud mother. She is very very lucky to have you. Thank you for your comments. Very much appreciated. Thanks alot xxx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Hey, New Mover from Uk to Nz

Hi Kym, we should be moving over to NZ in the next few months, i have a twenty year old son who is also feeling the same, he has a girlfriend that he will be leaving behind. Hes never been to NZ before so dosent know what to expect and hes also leaving his real dad behind in this country so if you want to PM me and you can arrange to chat via email if you would like someone your own age to chat to. Im sure you will love it once you get to NZ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.