Reload this Page >

Hey.. just arrived in Wellington

Hey.. just arrived in Wellington

Old Sep 30th 2010, 2:56 am
Just Joined

clairetimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey.. just arrived in Wellington

Hey

I am a 25 yr old female and have just arrived to Wellington from the UK. I already love NZ but not the rain here in wellington today!

I would love to get to know some fellow brits here!

Claire
Old Sep 30th 2010, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey.. just arrived in Wellington

Hi Claire & welcome to Welly. Today the weather has been atrocious, really bad. But believe me it will get better, forecast from tomorrow is sunshine with much more sunshine through next week. Have you arrived alone, are you travelling or have a job?
Old Sep 30th 2010, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Travelqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
I arrived here 8 weeks ago on a day equally as wet but twice as windy - but it does get so much better!

I'm 31 and am flatting in the CBD so if you want to meet for a coffee sometime let me know.
Ros
Old Oct 1st 2010, 6:00 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!

I've been in Welly for nearly 6 months and love it!! Especially in the better weather we're having today

Keep an eye on the meet up forum as we recently had a Welly meet up and looks like there's talk of more to come.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 11:00 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome I am further up the coast north of Welly. Weather has been awful but looking good for the next few days enjoy settling in

Dewb
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 8:52 am
Just Joined

clairetimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

Thanks for all the messages. I have been loving the weather today!!! Bit different to the end of last week! I have come alone but my friend from home is also living in Wellington and my brother is living in Christchurch. I am a speech therapist and have applied to some agencies for work but have not got a job yet! I am on the look out for something to tied me over in the meantime!

Thanks for the advice i will definately keep on eye on here and would defo come to any meet ups.

Claire
Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:16 am
Just Joined

bluebrowndog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clairetimo
Hey

Thanks for all the messages. I have been loving the weather today!!! Bit different to the end of last week! I have come alone but my friend from home is also living in Wellington and my brother is living in Christchurch. I am a speech therapist and have applied to some agencies for work but have not got a job yet! I am on the look out for something to tied me over in the meantime!

Thanks for the advice i will definately keep on eye on here and would defo come to any meet ups.

Claire
Hey!

I've been in Welly for about a year now. I work at the hospital so could look out for jobs there for you.
Drop me a line if you fancy a drink or something.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:50 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

ooooh, just to thread jack!! whereabouts are you in the hospital? Are you ward based?
I work there too - although been based at Kene for the past few months, I'll be back at WRH in about a month.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Travelqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Claire
There's loads of brits in CCDHB - I'm one of a few OTs! I found my job on the DHB website and the agency didn't come up with anything and tried to persuade me to move to Taupo! My friend is an SLT and she said there's not much coming up at the moment (adults) but have you tried Hutt DHB?
Good Luck!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shelloid
ooooh, just to thread jack!! whereabouts are you in the hospital? Are you ward based?
I work there too - although been based at Kene for the past few months, I'll be back at WRH in about a month.
Cool. I'm based in Neurology. We'll have to meet up for a coffee of something.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

I'll be in Welly from this weekend
probably not best time to meet up as i'll be going mental from all the stuff i have to sort out

I'm coming on my own too, so looking for flatshares with other mid 20 somethings!

But once i'm sorted, would be great to meet up
Old Oct 7th 2010, 9:18 am
~^_^~

Originally Posted by bluebrowndog
Cool. I'm based in Neurology. We'll have to meet up for a coffee of something.
oooh, not sure where neurology is! But I'll be based back at WRH in 3 weeks - we could always meet up in the coffee shop downstairs (the name escapes me!) some time - lunch times would be good, but I am reasonably flexible.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shelloid
oooh, not sure where neurology is! But I'll be based back at WRH in 3 weeks - we could always meet up in the coffee shop downstairs (the name escapes me!) some time - lunch times would be good, but I am reasonably flexible.
sounds good!!