Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Heroin........ Crystal meth

Heroin........ Crystal meth

Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heroin........ Crystal meth

[QUOTE=Bo-Jangles;9161008] crosses all socio-economic profiles and sectors of society from teenagers to your low life gang members; the well educated; middle classes and so-called 'celebrities' such a the likes of Millie Holmes.

Although Millie Elder (Holmes) is Maori and associated with gangs )

It does cross society for sure but you are more likely to have significant problems with P and difficulties accessing services if you are Maori, or from a lower socio economic background

Maori are, in the most part over represented in these kind of stats.

Last edited by pricklykina; Feb 8th 2011 at 8:12 am. Reason: added surname
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

P and P houses are a big issue in most areas of New Zealand and isnt exclusive to any ethnicity, im in Orewa and was amazed about how rife it is around here, that said i do work in an industry that deals with its ratifications daily so i guess i see it every day, other people i have met socially appear blissfully unaware of its existence which is the way it should be. In comparison to heroin use in the uk, i would say its more widely used purely because its manufactured in peoples houses and doesn't have to be shipped in.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm not blissfully unaware at all but

Originally Posted by BEVS
we maybe should all think why someone ,with just 21 posts and virtually no input , bombs in with such a question.
If it flames, I will shut it down.

yours
Mrs Stomp.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely an interesting topic if we manage to keep a lid on it.

If someone is thinking about NZ and wanting to know about this stuff first, I would say
Don't worry about it!
Most of us aren't affected by random acts of violence by strangers
And
If you haven't got a drug problem or alcohol problem or a family history of one, then you are very unlikely to pick one up here.

Most likely drug crime to affect someone in NZ....drink driving
Or drunk people in town of a weekend...they are pretty scary at times (same as UK I imagine)
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:43 am
`

Quite. As in any other country.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Quite. As in any other country.
exackery
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

blueballsuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, thanks for all of the wonderful replies, most anyway. I get the feeling I shouldn't be on this forum and should have more experience and posts before I join in. Thanx anyway, if I should be posting more on the introduction bit before asking anything then just let me know or maybe it should be in the rules the minimum posts before coming onto certain areas in the forum
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:21 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blueballsuk
Hey, thanks for all of the wonderful replies, most anyway. I get the feeling I shouldn't be on this forum and should have more experience and posts before I join in. Thanx anyway, if I should be posting more on the introduction bit before asking anything then just let me know or maybe it should be in the rules the minimum posts before coming onto certain areas in the forum
Nah, I think it was an interesting question to ask. Sometimes people join forums with the express purpose of making everyone fall out (aka trolling) and this can be really problematic so it pays not to post ONLY controversial posts or you can appear to be a bit of a troll, even if actually you're just someone who is interested in controversial issues and not that bothered about where to find gravy.

If it helps I've not ever been even aware of P use or 'cooking up', though my husband has due to the nature of his job. We don't really get heroin here because of tight border controls.

I agree with the above- drink driving worries me most of all and is most likely to have a negative impact on my life.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:49 pm
`

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Sometimes people join forums with the express purpose of making everyone fall out (aka trolling) and this can be really problematic so it pays not to post ONLY controversial posts or you can appear to be a bit of a troll,
Nicely put BB. I quite like Rays Rules - Nos 1, 2 & 4

Still not found your avatar I see.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:45 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Right. But can we all think why someone ,with just 21 posts and virtually no input , bombs in with such a question.
The prevalence (or not) of boy-racers in Gulf Harbour seems more contencious at the moment IMHO

Not to mention my spelling.....
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:50 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Heroin........ Crystal meth

Originally Posted by Persephone
It really is the only way to combat the desire
We are here for you if you need us.

True though, the most dangerous thing to most expats if their own waist lines .

ETA some one told me New Zealands most popular supermarket food purchases where 1.5L bottles of coca cola and Cadbury 200g chocolate bars (used to be 250 until they changed them to cardboard).

Last edited by Charismatic; Feb 8th 2011 at 10:55 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
The prevalence (or not) of boy-racers in Gulf Harbour seems more contencious at the moment IMHO

Not to mention my spelling.....
Cheeky
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:42 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
OMG, how racist are you? You could certainly not be more ill-informed or ignorant if you tried.
A. Not the slightest, check your definitions before accusing!
B. Maybe you're right, but i won't try. Oops, just did, and look what i found....

http://www.police.govt.nz/safety/meth.html (who makes meth makes interesting reading, refer to "A"), but then there's.. http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-sto...haul-in-taupo/

Just did a follow up... http://www.rotoruadailypost.co.nz/lo...upply/3937404/

Last edited by hazeandsteve; Feb 9th 2011 at 2:47 am.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:03 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Read Maori for "certain elements"
OMG, how racist are you? You could certainly not be more ill-informed or ignorant if you tried. New Zealand has one of the highest addiction rates to methamphetamine in the world and it crosses all socio-economic profiles and sectors of society from teenagers to your low life gang members; the well educated; middle classes <snip>
Originally Posted by pricklykina
It does cross society for sure but you are more likely to have significant problems with P and difficulties accessing services if you are Maori, or from a lower socio economic background

Maori are, in the most part over represented in these kind of stats.
Don't want to sound like I'm splitting hairs here but I don't think it's racist to suggest there are more problems with P use in Maori communities BUT it is an over simplification and shows a lack of understanding because, as pricklykina notes above, Maori are over represented in poverty measures, which then makes them over represented in poor health and other negative social indicators.

I know it sounds like the same thing but it's not. Being Maori probably doesn't make you more likely to use P but being poor does make you more likely. To NZ's shame if you're Maori then you're more likely to be poor. I think you'd find similar rates of drug abuse among an impoverished white community in NZ as a Maori one, though there is the extra issue of Maori being not the dominant culture in NZ with a difficult recent historical legacy.

The Waikato is a long way from the backstreets of South Auckland.
Depends which bit of the Waikato you're refering to. I assure you it isn't all "Cambridge, Town of Trees and Champions" here
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:30 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Don't want to sound like I'm splitting hairs here but I don't think it's racist to suggest there are more problems with P use in Maori communities BUT it is an over simplification and shows a lack of understanding because, as pricklykina notes above, Maori are over represented in poverty measures, which then makes them over represented in poor health and other negative social indicators.

I know it sounds like the same thing but it's not. Being Maori probably doesn't make you more likely to use P but being poor does make you more likely. To NZ's shame if you're Maori then you're more likely to be poor. I think you'd find similar rates of drug abuse among an impoverished white community in NZ as a Maori one, though there is the extra issue of Maori being not the dominant culture in NZ with a difficult recent historical legacy.
Exactly but you are far more eloquent than me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.