Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hernia mesh removal surgeons NZ

Hernia mesh removal surgeons NZ

Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hernia mesh removal surgeons NZ

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Hello Stix

Glad you've got things sorted now. The way NZ operates with certain health and medical treatment is appalling. A friend of mine had breast cancer, had a double mastectomy and implants put in. She started feeling unwell and it turns out one if the implants was leaking. Even worse was that these implants were toxic, sent from America and not tested before being put inside people! They were shipped over and handed out with health professionals not knowing what's in them, where they have been or even if they are safe. The real kicker here is the chemicals leaking were proven to cause cancer. Anyway it was a bit shit for her to put it mildly and I found the implant situation disgraceful. Mesh sounds awful and I'm not even sure why it's still being used 🤨
Thanks Pom Chch
I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend and her health issues. How awful for her. I do feel that the ACC thing makes these issues much harder for patients affected by them. Surgeons seem happy to use these implants without doing any of their own research before use. There's no come-back for them in terms of being sued because of ACC. I'm not a huge fan of litigation but it does focus the mind when you know that your actions or otherwise might lead to a lawsuit. ACC is just not for purpose.
I'm not impressed with NZ's health service at all. I remember going to the hospital with a dear friend of mine (I met her through this site) who had eventually been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, she was attending the Chemotherapy unit at Auckland City Hospital. It was awful, there were 8 patients (plus their support people) crammed into what used to be a 4 bedded bay. The nursing staff were great but this is no way to care for people coping with this awful disease. I was shocked by it and that feeling has never left me. People deserve better.

My midwife friend in Aussie has found the care there in terms of her own health to be far more holistic in it's approach too.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 7:07 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hernia mesh removal surgeons NZ

Saw this in Stuff today, still an on-going problem and still no NZ doctors who know how to fix it:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/109061370/mesh-destroys-intimacy-in-marriage-but-kiwi-victim-cannot-sue

Shocking how products are imported here and not tested before being used!