Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Heres some NZ electrical appliance prices

Heres some NZ electrical appliance prices

Old Nov 5th 2010, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Heres some NZ electrical appliance prices

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
We are in the dilemma of either selling electrical goods or shipping them over.
Need to run some costings.

Can I just change plugs and on the TV just use a New Zealand lead?
However UK tumble dryers may not work as they are designed for a 13 Amp system which isn't the case with most NZ houses.

We still use ours but only on a low setting.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 8:23 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just change plugs and on the TV just use a New Zealand lead?
Yep! You'll need a NZ digi box, though
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Does seem fairly straight forward.
Cheers for the relies.

TV, Xbox, PS3, Washing machine all coming with us!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Does seem fairly straight forward.
Cheers for the relies.

TV, Xbox, PS3, Washing machine all coming with us!
We have just literally today gotten Sky tv with our UK telly so long as you have an HDMI (?) port you should be fine, according to our sky engineer, although you can't get the freeview etc as others have said. Our chap said some work, some don't. Depends on the age I guess - ours is only 18 months old.

Husband also just changed the plug on the washing machine which is working fine - best decision bringing that along only wish we had bought our big tv with us! Ah well live and learn.

Xbox games seem very expensive here, although I am still working my way through the latest Final Fantasy so not sure yet on second hand/overseas purchases or cheaper places to buy.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:37 am

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonescapee
We have just literally today gotten Sky tv with our UK telly so long as you have an HDMI (?) port you should be fine, according to our sky engineer, although you can't get the freeview etc as others have said. Our chap said some work, some don't. Depends on the age I guess - ours is only 18 months old.

Husband also just changed the plug on the washing machine which is working fine - best decision bringing that along only wish we had bought our big tv with us! Ah well live and learn.

Xbox games seem very expensive here, although I am still working my way through the latest Final Fantasy so not sure yet on second hand/overseas purchases or cheaper places to buy.
Built in digi TV on a LCD won't work, so you will need a digi box bought in NZ. Xbox games are expensive, so we get ours shipped in from the UK. If you bring a DVD player, remember that it will probably be a region 2. NZ is region 4, so any DVD's bought in NZ, may not work on your UK player (unless it's an 'unlocked' player)
Old Nov 6th 2010, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonescapee
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/home.do?ctx=50;-1;-1;-1;-1
Old Nov 6th 2010, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Tesco are cheaper....
Old Nov 6th 2010, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
Tesco are cheaper....
Maybe, but they don't deliver here & HMV's 4.50GBP delivery is reasonable. It cost my MIL almost twice that to send a game for my sons B'day.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 8:02 am
Just Joined

gocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nice

Originally Posted by sirplug
When I first got here and whilst waiting for my container and the rest of the family to arrive, I bought a 32" Sony TV for $500. I thought this very reasonable. I played Dick Smith and Bond and Bond off against each other. Later on I bought a new tumble dryer...$250. Also from Bond and Bond.....Tell them you have cash, you want the best price and you can get it cheaper than the price they come back to you with....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It helps if you're not desperate for something and can just walk away........

sounds like an arab souq.
haggling, playing off, walking away.

As-Salamu Alaykum my kiwi cousins.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 9:08 am
Just Joined

braddles is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a very helpful website which I used to use a lot in NZ:

www.pricespy.co.nz

Allows you to search for the cheapest from most of NZ's online and in-store retailers. Very good for all electronic equipment.

Enjoy