Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Heres some NZ electrical appliance prices

Heres some NZ electrical appliance prices

Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heres some NZ electrical appliance prices

Thought some of those who are wondering about the cost
of thing down here might find this useful.
these are pretty typical prices

http://harveynorman.co.nz/catalogues...php?cat=172098
Old Dec 10th 2009, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

paulocimini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heres some NZ electrical appliance prices

looks pretty expensive
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Yep it can be.
white good are very expensive compared to the uk
Big TV's are quite reasonable but they tend to do mostly
big name brands,sony,samsung,toshiba etc so there is not
the selection of lesser brands with lower prices tp choose from.

I just thought those who are asking about whether to bring
something or buy it here might find it helpful
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

As we had quite a few electrical & related things to buy, we visited all the retailers such as Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming etc & played them all off against each other. We saved quite a bit this way & also got a few things thrown in free.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to say.... a very useful thread colandros
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

As we had quite a few electrical & related things to buy, we visited all the retailers such as Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming etc & played them all off against each other. We saved quite a bit this way & also got a few things thrown in free.
Never pay the price they advertise, always say it is cheaper elsewhere or what if I buy two things etc, they will always haggle with you. There is always appears to be a sale on too at places like Noel Leeming, Harvey Norman, Briscoes etc
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:05 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by colandros
Thought some of those who are wondering about the cost
of thing down here might find this useful.
these are pretty typical prices

http://harveynorman.co.nz/catalogues...php?cat=172098
ouch, glad we are taking our white goods!!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

Personally speaking I never use Harvey Norman I tend to go to the smaller independant retailers, get better service and some really good deals, they always offer discount when I tell them I'm paying cash..... ohhh they can knock so and so off, then I barter a little more!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

i'll try that tomorrow as my microwave blew up today
Old Dec 11th 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.southafricankiwi.co.nz/cost_of_living.html

Kristina
Old Dec 11th 2009, 1:09 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

this thread is super helpful! thanks for posting the links.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the dilemma of either selling electrical goods or shipping them over.
Need to run some costings.

Can I just change plugs and on the TV just use a New Zealand lead?

Last edited by LukeandJo; Nov 3rd 2010 at 6:59 am.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LukeandJo

I couldn't be bothered to change all the plugs to the TV, DVD player, Xbox etc.... So I left them all plugged in a UK extension and just changed the plug for that!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

drrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nicedrrobert is just really nice

Originally Posted by LukeandJo

Yes, you can just change the plugs and use your electrical appliances here. Note that UK digital TVs are not compatible with the NZ digital broadcast system, so you will probably need a separate NZ digital decoder (this has been discussed in previous threads).

As above, there is no need to pay the 'headline' rates at Harvey Norman - you can wait until a sale, bargain to get a 20% discount, or get them to throw in freebies (e.g. free 5 yr warranty, free installation & delivery, free accessories).
Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:23 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

When I first got here and whilst waiting for my container and the rest of the family to arrive, I bought a 32" Sony TV for $500. I thought this very reasonable. I played Dick Smith and Bond and Bond off against each other. Later on I bought a new tumble dryer...$250. Also from Bond and Bond.....Tell them you have cash, you want the best price and you can get it cheaper than the price they come back to you with....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It helps if you're not desperate for something and can just walk away........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.