British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   here now (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/here-now-404665/)

cherry Oct 27th 2006 6:02 pm

here now

Arived here on thursday,spent first night sleeping from 6 pm till next mornin,have been driving around to get my bearings,not got lost yet but have made a couple of wrong turns ,no probs there just turned round again and went back.went to Porrirua shoping centre ,found all the cheap supermarkets so will stock up when we get a rental home.
The only downside here at the motel is the wireless internet connection I have is $15 a day so I am not going online as often as I did in the uk.
I start my job in 2 weeks ,they said get settled in fist and dont hurry things,we are being shown houses today and we have a rental agency contacting us to show properties for rent,it will all come together soon I am sure :)

katracy Oct 27th 2006 6:11 pm

Re: here now

Originally Posted by cherry
Arived here on thursday,spent first night sleeping from 6 pm till next mornin,have been driving around to get my bearings,not got lost yet but have made a couple of wrong turns ,no probs there just turned round again and went back.went to Porrirua shoping centre ,found all the cheap supermarkets so will stock up when we get a rental home.
The only downside here at the motel is the wireless internet connection I have is $15 a day so I am not going online as often as I did in the uk.
I start my job in 2 weeks ,they said get settled in fist and dont hurry things,we are being shown houses today and we have a rental agency contacting us to show properties for rent,it will all come together soon I am sure :)

Lucky you. hope it all goes well. keep us posted!!

Kerry & Dirk Oct 27th 2006 6:44 pm

went to Porrirua shoping centre

Watch out for the Mob members than :)

Where abouts are you looking at living, Whitby around there is supposed to be nice but a bit out from Wellington City.

poppets Oct 27th 2006 7:48 pm

welcome to NZ & good luck with settling in

Boopy Oct 27th 2006 8:15 pm

[QUOTE=cherry]Arived here on thursday,

Welcome to NZ Cherry! Where have you decide on looking for a house, and where are you staying. If you need any info on what's what in the area just send pm.

Dee

sky Oct 27th 2006 11:42 pm

Welcome to NZ :)

cherry Oct 28th 2006 7:55 am

[QUOTE=Boopy]

Arived here on thursday,

Welcome to NZ Cherry! Where have you decide on looking for a house, and where are you staying. If you need any info on what's what in the area just send pm.

Dee

Just put an offer in on a bungalow at Riverstone Terraces overlooking the Hutt Valley ,dont want to rent unless we have to ,we want to buy and then we have to stay as we want to anyway.Nina from Cottage in the sky rang me today thanks Nina XX and got me fixed up with a financial agent who rang me within minutes after Nina told me she could help,Nina you are a star .We really do want to buy the home we chose on the internet b4 we got here and after viewing it we want it even more.We love NZ already more than we expectedand everyone has been sooooo helpfull,thanks to all :beer:

lardyl Oct 28th 2006 8:17 pm

....We love NZ already more than we expectedand everyone has been sooooo helpfull,thanks to all :beer:

and long may it continue for ya !!!
(and us all !!!) besta luck m8ty :cool:

Boopy Oct 29th 2006 12:33 am

[QUOTE=cherry]

Originally Posted by Boopy

Just put an offer in on a bungalow at Riverstone Terraces overlooking the Hutt Valley ,dont want to rent unless we have to ,we want to buy and then we have to stay as we want to anyway.Nina from Cottage in the sky rang me today thanks Nina XX and got me fixed up with a financial agent who rang me within minutes after Nina told me she could help,Nina you are a star .We really do want to buy the home we chose on the internet b4 we got here and after viewing it we want it even more.We love NZ already more than we expectedand everyone has been sooooo helpfull,thanks to all :beer:

That's great, I'm pleased everything is going well. Nina has been a good help to many on the forum and has much experience as she's an oldie in NZ - I'm not talking age.

Batty Oct 29th 2006 12:38 am

Well done and welcome to NZ. Any pics of the house???