Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Here in New Plymouth at last

Here in New Plymouth at last

Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

deb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nice
Red face Here in New Plymouth at last

At last we have arrived in New Plymouth and I love it already. We have only been here a week and it has rained quite a bit, but my vibes so far are that I will be fine.

We have seen a house we want to buy but the vender keeps messing us about, we should find out tonight if she is going to accept our latest offer. It will need quite a bit of work to get it how we want it but I am itching to get started.

Once we have got the house we need to get me a car so I can start on the hunt for a job. Not had an interview in 5 years so not really looking forward to that, but need to get out there as staying at home will send me dippy.

Will not have broadband for 5/10 days, at present tapping into someones elses internet, which is intermittent and unrealiable and is driving me mad.

Everyone has been so helpful and friendly, I am still pinching myself on a daily basis, things seem to good to be true. If I had my family here life would be perfect.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:35 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Here in New Plymouth at last

WOW - you have been busy in a week! Anyway welcome, glad you made it safe and sound. Remember to take some time to enjoy your new surroundings and best of luck with the job hunting.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:53 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

You've arrived then?

Happy Days. Have fun and fingers crossed for the house.
Make sure you drive a hard bargain. It's a buyers market as far as I am concerned.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Yey made it at last eh!!!

I know what you mean about interviews but you have nothing to worry about there they are so relaxed here it's more like a friendly chat lol xx

i spent the first 5 months at home and yes it does send you a bit stir crazy..

we'll meet soon for a cuppa or a beer x

Originally Posted by deb_steve View Post
At last we have arrived in New Plymouth and I love it already. We have only been here a week and it has rained quite a bit, but my vibes so far are that I will be fine.

We have seen a house we want to buy but the vender keeps messing us about, we should find out tonight if she is going to accept our latest offer. It will need quite a bit of work to get it how we want it but I am itching to get started.

Once we have got the house we need to get me a car so I can start on the hunt for a job. Not had an interview in 5 years so not really looking forward to that, but need to get out there as staying at home will send me dippy.

Will not have broadband for 5/10 days, at present tapping into someones elses internet, which is intermittent and unrealiable and is driving me mad.

Everyone has been so helpful and friendly, I am still pinching myself on a daily basis, things seem to good to be true. If I had my family here life would be perfect.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:09 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

hi there glad you've arrived safe & sound, good luck in your new life enjoy enjoy enjoy!!! (its been rain,wind, rain & more rain here too, can it really be July???)
B x
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto above!!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

deb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nice
Red face Re: Here in New Plymouth at last

It looks like we have the house, the estate agent phoned last night & gave us the thumbs up. Calling into Council Office today for LIm report, It will need quite a bit if work doing on it bring it upto date and to get to how we want it, but I can already imagin how it will look when we have finished. I'm so excited,hope nothing nasty shows up on the report.

How do you decide where to get your hair cut in New Plymouth? I have never seen so many hairdressers & coffee shops in one place!
Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb_steve View Post
It looks like we have the house, the estate agent phoned last night & gave us the thumbs up. Calling into Council Office today for LIm report, It will need quite a bit if work doing on it bring it upto date and to get to how we want it, but I can already imagin how it will look when we have finished. I'm so excited,hope nothing nasty shows up on the report.

How do you decide where to get your hair cut in New Plymouth? I have never seen so many hairdressers & coffee shops in one place!
Welcome welcome

great news about the house , where is it ??

as to hairdressers im on my 3rd and love her. she used to have a salon in inglewood b4 her kids were born, she then built a studio onto her house when they built it 2 years ago and works from home, she uses great products and is very reasonable any way give me a shout if you want her no.

we will have to meet up soon , lucy has ear ache now so not this week lol

we did that with internet but were very lucky we were told we would have a 3 week wait as was a new build and had no line or something, but was here 3 days later , internet coneected and everything

if you out and about thur and friday i will be at work( macfarlaes caffe in inglewood) come in for a coffee, its ace ( cos i make it lol)

caz
Old Jul 21st 2009, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolineshewan View Post
Welcome welcome

great news about the house , where is it ??

as to hairdressers im on my 3rd and love her. she used to have a salon in inglewood b4 her kids were born, she then built a studio onto her house when they built it 2 years ago and works from home, she uses great products and is very reasonable any way give me a shout if you want her no.

we will have to meet up soon , lucy has ear ache now so not this week lol

we did that with internet but were very lucky we were told we would have a 3 week wait as was a new build and had no line or something, but was here 3 days later , internet coneected and everything

if you out and about thur and friday i will be at work( macfarlaes caffe in inglewood) come in for a coffee, its ace ( cos i make it lol)

caz
The house is 5 mins out of town in Westown, it has a beautiful view of the mountain.
At the moment I do not have a car but hope to be car hunting on saturday, so fingers crossed I can sample some of your lovely coffee and pleasant company soon, when I say soon that all depends on me finding you as I have NO sense of direction!!!
Just been for coffee with Andrea which was really nice, I have been picking her brains and sharing experiences which was good.